Monday, September 19, 2022

A Day of Mourning

Today is a day of Mourning in the UK, 10 days ago now we lost our Queen... No matter your feelings towards the monarchy, something about it seemed to make the world rock, and the ripples spread through the world not just in the Commonwealth but the ENTIRE world. It feels like we've lost a legend, Brits have lost a mother and a grandmother and I was bereft. 
Today, I sat and watched, like so many other people in the world, as the Brits do what we do best, putting on a show to thank and say goodbye to our beloved Queen Elizabeth II... 

I sat and I cried... I watched the pomp and ceremony of the State funeral, saying goodbye to a strong woman that dedicated her life to serving my homeland. I admired the strength of each and every member of the Royal Family for being able to get through the day without becoming a total mess... I know in their position I'd have been terrible, a snot bubble blowing monster... I sent silent thanks to my Queen, and wished her a happy trip back to beloved husband.... 
I felt a need to work on something to help my emotions ease, and that is usually something that I can do with taking pictures. I wanted to share my mourning, a thanks to my Queen, in my own Rudhish way... 

What is she wearing;
Hair & Accessory: Tableau Vivant - Mourning Sisters in Lament pack 2 RARE
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Eyes: Izzie's - Lua Eyes in Teary Eyes Green
Tears: Izzie's - Smeared Mascara & Little Tears
Dress: Kaithleen's - Bloom Dress in Black
Pose & Prop: Secret Poses - Candle Night, Pose 1
Coffin & Altar: Pitaya - The Last Vampire Set Items
Flower Wreath: Jian - Wreath Stand in Iron
Bouquet: Tentacio - I miss you Bouquet
Candelabra: hive - Floor Candelabra in Wrought Iron
Backdrop: Spires Society - Lordhunter Crypt in Dark Catholic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment