Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Lights for Good Fortune

I've been trying to learn more about festivals and holidays from around the world and recently I was looking at the Chinese New Year Celebrations, but there is one more custom that is a part of these celebrations, and that would be the lighting of floating lanterns and their release into the sky to float up amongst the stars... 
There is a location in Second Life, that has been perfect for watching the floating lanterns. It's a beautiful location anyway, but Cloud Edge is well worth visiting... 

Standing on a hill, high above the clouds I stand to watch the floating lanterns... Each of these lights represents a person letting go of their past and welcoming the new year with good fortune. I've lit my light and I'm watching it float off into the darkness... 
This year will be my year, I've decided to do all kinds of different things to move my life on, and right now, I'm making moves to become a better, stronger and happier person in all apects of my life... 

What is she wearing;
Hat & Hair: Wasabi - Cassidy FLF Ed. Hair
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Scarf: MoonAmore+Cureless - Owlsome Scarf
Sweater: Valentina E. - Carla Sweater Dress in Navy
Pose: Secret Poses - Antonella, Pose 2M

No comments:

Post a Comment