Sunday, July 10, 2022

Be You...

This week there seems to have been so much drama flowing about the body debate across SL Facebook, that it's really caused me so much anxiety and so I've kinda been MIA just to avoid the increased level of stress that I don't need. 
What I don't understand is why can't people just let others live their Second Lives the we choose? Why does RL body negativity have to be a thing in a world where we can be ANYTHING we want? We can be fairies, monsters, animals and even children, yet there is currently a war between people that prefer their own chosen body! 
Why can't we just be ourselves? We've just celebrated Pride, a month of supporting and loving each other, yet the week later we're bashing each others body choices... Where is the love now? 

I'm definitely a Maitreya girl, I know that is probably not considered cool at the moment, but I can honestly admit that I've tried other bodies and there have always been things that I wasn't happy with. I know people mention the shaping of the body not being up to curvy compatibility, but I don't want that. I know that people have said the Maitreya body is one of the least lag inducing bodies due to the number of triangles used to create it. 
Yet why should any of that really matter?! Why should people be able to dictate what should or shouldn't be a thing in SL? YES I can understand the frustrations of people that say Maitreya has been given more attention for a long time, but aren't people that complain about it now, people that may have in the past loved their own Maitreya shapes?
I've been so concerned for a long time about trying to fit in, wondering why my pictures aren't very popular on Flickr, driving myself crazy with doubts... Then I realised, WHY? Why am I not doing things to make myself happy? Why can't I just be me? As Oscar Wilde once said, "be yourself; everyone else is already taken".

What is she wearing;
Hat & Hair: Wasabi - Lemongrass Hair in Offbeat
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Necklace: Kibitz - Tazya's necklace in Silver
Top: ELEVEN - Marie To (Past gift at Pride at Home)
Jacket: Pseudo- Bradley Jacket in Black
Skirt: imbue - Distressed Skirt in Leopard
Sparkles:  Cole's Corner - Popstars & Glitterati
Leg Tag: FREYA - Basic Kneels Marks V.2
Boots: AsteroidBox - Nico Boots
Pose: FOXCITY - Show Stopper, Pose 3
Neon Lamps: Half-Deer - Rainbow Neon Lights
Backdrop: Paparazzi - BACKDROP - Graffiti Stoop 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment