Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Modernization Of Death

Today I've had a day off, my only day of the week off until Sunday and I've been busy working my butt off on preparing blog posts so that I can I have things to talk about this weekend. It's been a day of preparation, it's been a day of relaxation and it's been a day therapeutic mindfulness, that I get every time I spend time creating a look, setting up a scene and taking then editing a picture. 
I've also noticed that the darker things tend to get, the happier I know I am... Today I feel like a Death kinda day, but a death with a difference... 

Death has long been considered to be a creepy old dude, sometimes more skeletal, mostly cloaked in the dark, but there has been a change in the way that Death has been styled... She has modernized, glamorized and made to look super fiesty...
She stalks through her gardens in The Lost Cemetery - a backdrop from K&S - carrying her scythe and letting her long black cape flutter in the wind. Her modern look with the Sorcha dress - from Psycho Barbie - to match the satin of her cape, looks perfect with the discarded feathers of her beloved Raven pets that she wears as a decoration of Corvidae Plumage - from Quills & Curiosities - that to see her is less scary, more tempting and the entire reason that death is busier on the River Styx these days... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: [BAD HAIR DAY] - Mangata
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Collar: Quills & Curiosities - Corvidae Plumage
Cape: Curemore - Star Gals Gacha Item in Supreme Commander Cape (RARE)
Dress: Psycho Barbie - [Sorcha Dress Fatpack]
Glove: Normandy - KO.Leathers
Scythe: Cubura - Grim Reaper Scythe in White
Pose: NANTRA - It Girl, Pose 1
Birds: JIAN - Raven Collection
Backdrop: K&S - The Lost Cemetery. Backdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment