Saturday, June 1, 2024

Prepping for a Month of Wigs & Pride

Today is June 1st. There are things about today that need to be noticed... Today marks the fact that exactly 6 months from now we are on the slippery slope to Christmas. It's the month in which I finish the study I've had to participate in so that I can move up the working ladder. There are things in SL too... June 1st is the start of Pride Month and it's the opening day of the annual Hair Fair... Two massively important events that need to be celebrated in their own ways... 

Both of these events are for fantastic things... Both of these things need have awareness raised for them...
I'm always an advocate for Pride Month. I've had my experiences and enjoyed every moment of them, I don't tend to label myself but no matter what I'll always ben an ally for the cause. Some of my best, most favourite and most wonderful people identify themselves as being within the Gay community and I love the fact that the world has become a lot more free so that they are free to live their lives as they choose. 
On the subject of love, one of those charity events that I feel deserves a lot of love has started. The annual Hair Fair event has opened it's doors with bucket loads of linden dollars being donated to a cause that needs more attention. Wigs for Kids is the charity of choice, and if you've been following my blog at all over the years you'll know how much I ove this cause. A charity that creates wigs for children that have lost their hair be that because of illness or some other reason thereofre boosting their confidence and allowing them to feel stronger and more like they fit in... How can you not want to get behind something like that?! PLUS because it's a Hair based shopping event in SL that is not only raising awareness but also raising funds, you can get your pretty little bald head into some fancy new wigs as you donate to the cause.
So this is your early monthly warning, be prepared for lots of rainbows as I celebrate Pride, and lots of wigs as I enjoy Hair Fair... 

What is she wearing;
Mask: .miss chelsea - Clem Sleep Mask in Pride Pack
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Outfit: miss chelsea - Clem Robe in Rainbow
Socks: miss chelsea - Clem Socks in Pride Pack
Pose: FOXCITY. - Cozy, Pose 5
Handheld Props & Carrier on Table: James&Dew - AuraTwirl Decorative Case (35% Donation) (Available until June 16th at Hair Fair 2024 Brunette Sim)
Birds: Tardfish - Birdy Tug Hair in Lemon (15% Donation) (Available until June 16th at Hair Fair 2024 Redhead Sim)
Yellow Bust: NOVA - Display Wig in BrightWife
Coke Hair: [Since1975] - Hair Rollers in Coke A RARE
Teddy: BoOgErS - MakeUp Sale Bear (No Longer Available!)
Turquoise Hair: Nylon Outfitters -Balloon Wig in Boingy Buns
Tripod Stand: Vive Nine - Wig Tripod with Block Head
White Bust: NOVA - Display Wig in SpacePrincess
Gray Bust: little bones - Wig Stand in Brunette (No Longer Available!)
Purple Bust: NOVA - Display Wig in DarkVixen
Lamp: NOMAD -  Attitude Mannequin Bust 01
Green Wig: Lost Junction - Wighead in Green
Blue Table: dust bunny - Round Desk in Blue
Backdrop: Unicorn - Backdrop  Beauty salon

No comments:

Post a Comment