Saturday, November 11, 2023

Moths and Fluff in the Mind

It's Remembrance Day today in the Netherlands, and normally I spend my day focusing on the blood red poppies of Flanders Fields that have become a symbol of remembrance in the UK but today my mind has shifted a little... It feels like it's full of fluff as I have the start of a cold coming, but with everything going on in the world right now Remembrance Day has definitely shifted to become something more than just thinking about soldiers lost at war... I couldn't focus on poppies this year, I had to do something that made me feel thoughtful, allow me to remember in a different way and give me a moment to pause for thought... 

High up in the attic space where the light glows but is more than a little sombre, I sat in the glowing light of the late Autumn sunshine and closed my eyes. My head full of fluff as my mind wanders, I feel lost and alone in the sombre darkness... I am a doll in this life, and my face shows signs of breaking - an amazing accessory from KitCat called Stuffings TheDoll - while the butterflies of my imagination drift away in the light beams and dance through the quiet space... With everything going on in the world right now though, the way we remember the dead should change too, I love the poppies, I love the significance they hold and they will ALWAYS be important. Yet we need to just use this time as a moment to stop and pause, to think of anyone that had sacrificed themselves to save those of us that live on, no matter where they are, what they believe and what their reason is... We're still fighting over political issues, we're still fighting over religion, we're still fighting for our rights, in a modern age where people should be allowed to live their lives how they choose... 

What is she wearing;
Blue Butterflies: *LODE* Head Accessory - Wild Sakura Butterflies in Blue
Tiara & Skulls: CURELESS [+] - Dea Halo & Tiara in FATPACK
Hair: [monso] - Kankst Hair in Black & Red
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Extra Head: KitCat - Stuffings The Doll FATPACK
Necklace: random.Matter - Caithe Collar in Silvers
Blood: Izzie's - Face & Body Blood & Wounds
White Face Moths: Random Matter - Eudora in Moth Halo (Available until December 6th at Collabor88)
Outfit: Pixicat - Ukok Set
Sparkles: Cole's Corner - Glitterati & Valkyrie
Blue Moths: {anc} - picnic in swallow tailed butterfly Sapphire
Pose: Secret Poses - Aline, Pose 5 (Available until November 30th at Anthem)
Backdrop: VARONIS - Sombre Skybox

No comments:

Post a Comment