Thursday, November 11, 2021

Poppies in Remembrance

It's November 11th, and for many that's seen as a day with some big significance. In the UK, and many other countries around the world, November 11th is a day of Remembrance. Things are celebrated differently, for me as a Brit I will always observe the moment of silence in thanks and remembrance for those that lost their lives through war... 

It's a day that we in the UK wear poppies to show our remembrance of the dead. The reason that we do this is because poppies were the first flowers to appear in the area that was destroyed by the front line of World War I. Their colour is also seen as a representation of the blood that was spilt... I'll always proudly wear a poppy, and remember those that have been lost... 
I'm not in Flanders Fields today though, I'm in a gorgeous location called the "Flower of Scotland", and it's one of the most amazing locations that I've found in a while... It is so beautiful, I cannot wait to explore it more!! 

What is she wearing;
Hat: Bokeh - Garrison Cap Moss (No Longer Available)
Flower Wreath: Tentacio - Rosella Headpiece
Hair: Wasabi - Smoothie Hair in Reds
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Dress: Pixicat - Nita Dress in Green
Bunch of Flowers: LODE - July Poppy Bouquet in Red
Pose: Secret Body - Old Flowers Pose 

No comments:

Post a Comment