Sunday, December 17, 2023

Ghost of Christmas Past

This post today sees me feeling a little more festive. The hubby and I finally Christmassed our house and I have got sparkles everywhere. We have so many lights on our tree, that I've even been joking that the lights could be seen from space LOL... 
I'm slowly getting into the festivities, and one of the things that make me most festive are the old Christmas stories, stories like the Night Before Christmas and A Christmas Carol... Today I've been thinking about the ghosts of Christmas, the ghost of Christmas past coming into the forefront of my mind right now... 

Sometimes if I let myself dwell on it, I find myself getting a little melancholy as my mind drifts back... I remember the last few year with my Nan, the first time I spent Christmas in the Netherlands rather than at home with Mum and Dad, and even silly things like childhood Christmasses that have been long gone. There have been many good memories too, childhood memories of gifts and walks and storytimes before bed. My sister and I waking up at the crack of dawn because Santa had been... My dad complaining there would be no more 'plastic' Christmasses year after year... Years later my sister and I getting a little tiddly and realizing we had to substitute carrots with broccoli for Santa's reindeer... Even writing this these memories make me smile... 
So today, I'm revelling in the companionship of the host of Christmas Past... 

What is she wearing;
Crown: Random Matter - Lucia Crown in Warm Tones (Available until January 6th at Collabor88)
Head Wreath: dust bunny - Festive Headbands in Holly Branch
Outfit: Moon Amore - Spectral Elegance GOWN
Skin: FOREST FANTASY STORE - Gargoyle Skin in Onyx
Chest Wreath: Evie's Closet - Christmas Pine Wreath (No Longer Available!)
Candle: Random Matter - Eudora Candelabra in Cool Tones
Pose:  Secret Poses - Alanis, Pose 2
Sparkles: Half-Deer - Floating Decor Snow & Cole's Corner - Softly Snow & Glitterati
Santa: Apple Fall - Happy Santa Figure in Holly
Wreath: Ariskea - [Season of Giving] Wreath
Tree: tarte - Portland Christmas Tree in Evergreen
Backdrop: PALETO.Backdrop - DUBOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment