Monday, March 5, 2018

A ghostly dance for the Lady of the Lake

You may have heard tales filled with magic and romance, but never did a tale seem so full of sorrow as that of the Lady of the Lake... It's a tragic tale of the lonely rogue that had been wounded in the heat of a battle, but somehow found himself on the bank of a placidly serene lake. As if by magic something amazing happened... He was discovered by a woman, not just any woman, one with the scales of a fish on her skin, dressed in nothing but ratty old fishing nets and pond weed... It was this woman that healed him, that nurtured him and revived him, yet there was something mysterious about her that he couldn't fathom... She never spoke! Not a word... Despite this, and the other odds the couple faced, a love began to bloom like the lilies on the lake... After mere days in each others presence, they vowed their eternal love... 
That night, the woman disappeared without a trace. He withered, he waited and all the while the lilies danced on the pond, mocking this poor unfortunate soul. His wait lasted months, years, decades even, until eventually time took it's toll... 
Now I share the end of this sad story, and hope to give some happy relief... Although his body was taken from him, the soul of the man remained tied to the lake... People came and went, the daily lives took place and towns grew up around this once placidly serene place. After a hundred years, time stood still for just one night, everything faded into the mist, and there, dancing on the lily-pads a mermaid in a dress made of lilies, and her ghostly love, share a moment of bliss... 
OK so I got a LITTLE carried away with my story behind the outfit and the photo in general but I couldn't help myself. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this outfit - in fact the whole set - from nani, available at the current round of The Arcade, called Dreamy Pond that when I saw it, I KNEW I would be posting a story about it! I was lucky enough to be given the dress as an early Birthday gift, but oh my gosh it's soooo pretty I never wanna take it off now I have it! 
While on the subject of The Arcade though, there have been a lot of things that I've just had to have this time around... I mean to go with this dress as an example, these perfect MoonAmore "Swan Lake" Ballerina Shoes, and this cute short hairstyle from DOE - called Renee in V2 - just perfectly fit the look I wanted to create! 
Yet I cannot forget to share the details of this awesome pose.. It was a creation of NANTRA, who made it in honour of her lost friend in RL. Such a sad but sweet pose, that I guess prompted my story to come to life in the way that it did, and allowed my mermaid to cry "Tears for Shedwick"... 

What is she wearing;
Bubbles: nani - Dreamy Pond Gacha Items in Bubbles Aura (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Hair: DOE - Renee in V2 Pastels (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2 
Face Scales: Zombie Suicide - Face Mermaid Scales 
Body Scales: Waldorf Design - Turn Into Mermaid in Blue 
Body Weeds: nani - Dreamy Pond Gacha Items in Body Weeds (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Dress: nani - Dreamy Pond Gacha Items in Lilypad Dress RARE (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Shoes: MoonAmore - SwanLake Gacha Items in Ballerina Shoes Teal (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Pose: {NANTRA} - Fireflies for Shedwick 
Skybox: nani - Dreamy Pond Gacha Items in Pond Skybox RARE (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Plants & Fish: nani - Dreamy Pond Gacha Items (Available until March 31st at The Arcade
Air Sparkles: ALEGRIA Dancing Stars Fireflies White Lights (No Longer Available!) 
Ground Sparkles: [ keke ] - Glitter Floor 

No comments:

Post a Comment