Sunday, May 5, 2024

Chips and Guac

It's May 5th...Cinco de Mayo... In the past I've mentioned I wanted to look more at other cultures holidays, and I did pay some attention to Chinese New Year, and I have in the past looked at Dia de los Muertos, but you hear the term Cinco de Mayo and I've never known what it is...This year I'm going to have a little look into the special day for the Mexicans, and I'll do that with some nachos and guac... 

So what is Cinco de Mayo... Originally a day to remember the victory in battle, Cinco de Mayo is now considered more of a celebration of Mexican culture... 
Knowing very little about Mexican culture other than what I've seen online I feel a little like I could cause offence by talking about tacos and sombreros and pinatas, and I mean no offence. I LOVE Mexican Food, althouh I guess you should more realistically say Tex-Mex foods... I love a good burrito, and nachos, and quesadilla, I'm not a HUGE fan of guacamole, but that's only because I think avocados taste like snot... However, I cannot resist the urge to fill a Nacho Dip Hat - from Junk Food - a sombrero that is perfectly formed to make a bowl for dip! It even provides extra chips for when the bag is empty... 

What is she wearing;
Hat: Junk Food - Nacho Dip Hat
Hair: Foxy - Valentine Hair in Red
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Dress: Tres Blah - Mexican Folk Shift in Cream
Pose: -Extra- - All By Myself, Pose 2
Animals: Foxwood - Little Llama
Pots: Pitaya - Berber Baskets
Chips: Junk Food - Spooky Totapos Nachos Bag
Cacti: what next - Oasis Bloom in Prickly Pear Cactus Planter, hive - san pedro cactus & prickly pear cactus & tarte - Saguaro Cactus
Backdrop: Synnergy - Sand Dunes Backdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment