Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Over-Thinking Causes My Fears!

Ever have those days where your inner voice is screaming louder than normal, especially screaming about those faults you find in yourself?! Anxiety, Regret, Stress, Pain and Depression seem to be a fairly common thing these days, and although by no means I am dismissing this, it really does show a sign of our times. I myself suffer from anxiety attacks, massive amounts of stress and a feeling that I'm never going to be good enough. Luckily, unlike some, I am able to keep it in check most of the time, and I've gotten very good at hiding it from the world, but there are just some days when these feelings bubble to the surface... Days a little like today... 
It's times like these that I feel really thankful for being able to log into Second Life, so that I can drift off into my own little world and find my therapy. The therapy in question for me is taking pictures and writing here. My blog - although often full of fun and random stuff - has always been something like a journal for me. I use it to help me relax, to make me forget the world around me and focus on something productive. On days like today, this blogging space is vital for me! 
Now I know that the pose and backdrop I've chosen for this post today may seem a little counter-productive for the message that I am trying to share, BUT actually the visual of it is really helping me. The backdrop - created by FOXCITY - really speaks to me. I know I over-think things, and comments like these will ALWAYS leave me floundering, my brain rushing to the most extreme scenario! The pose - from Reve Obscura - is such a true statement. My fears always cause the outcomes of anxiety, stress and in some cases bouts of depression! I will fully admit to this... I know what triggers these things but I am often powerless to stop it. Yet it's times like this, when I can sit back and channel my energy into my blogging journal that things become clear and sense can be made of it in my head. 
Again, I will say that this does not diminish the way that others may feel. I am not saying it's a good thing for everyone, and not suggesting that my own thoughts are worse than anyone else's. That's not the point I want to make here... This works for ME, we all have our own systems of handling things. I don't really do this for anyone besides myself, but I do want to spend a moment to reach out to anyone that ever reads my blog or checks out my pictures to say THANK YOU! Thank you for being on the ride with me, thank you for letting me express myself, and I hope that even if it's just for a second or two it can make you feel happy... I know it makes me happy! 

What is she wearing;
Hat & Hair: [RunAway] - Ofelia Hair in Reds 
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2 
Arm Band: DirtyLand - Cigarettes Armband (No Longer Available!)
Dress: Razor - Cotton Tube Dress in Bad Bones (Available until April 18th at LootBox Gacha
Pose: Reve Obscura - Mind 
Backdrop: FOXCITY. Photo Booth - Mixed Feels (Available for use at Backdrop City)

No comments:

Post a Comment