Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Circus comes to Town...

The circus rolled into town... Actually it has been in town for a while now, but I've just been too busy to get to it!
Seraphim is hosting an event called "Cirque De Seraphim", and it is filled with all kinds of awesome goodies, including my favourite irresistible treats - plushies or stuffed animals you might say! The event is a charity fundraiser for the ASPCA, with chucks of sales from many items going to the charity. If you look hard enough you will also find one or two freebies dotted in amongst the donation items... Including some that had me in stitches!
When I was younger, in my home town, we had a local "celebrity" - a homeless woman people referred to as the Bearded Lady of Guildford. Rumour was that she had at one time been a bearded lady in a circus, she was ALWAYS seen in a fake leopard fur coat, and she always talked to herself. In some ways I was saddened by seeing her, but in others I was in awe - and a little scared especially when I was really young - of her attitude when it came to the people that were rude whenever she was around. So when I was at the Cirque and I found this Consignment Chita Beard - which is a freebie I should add - I couldn't resist paying tribute to her! The fact that I realised just how much I looked like the Conchita Wurst of Eurovision 2014 fame, was just the icing on the cake!
I dressed the look in a simple black skirt and wore a brand new - released for the current round of The Witching Hour - top called Miss Cordelia's Blouse in a Burtesque colour from Show Me On The Doll. I accessorised with my favourite new ring set from (Yummy) called Elemental, which you can pick up from Collabor88 for the month of November.
Lastly but by no means least - and with a subtle intro to a song that I will be including lol - my little geek luftballon elephant friend... He is available at the Cirque De Seraphim too, and with his little balloon - wait for the link to the song... - maybe he wants to try to rise up, perhaps phoenix like? LOL, YAY I made a corny link to a song...

What is she wearing;
Hair: Spellbound - Bramble  (Available now at Sad November)
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Available now at Collabor88)
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup, AND, (Forehead) Corvus - Bullet Hole Tattoo
Beard: Consignment - Chita Beard (Available at Cirque de Seraphim)
Piercing: Cute Poison - Starlust Piercings
Top: Show me on the Doll - Miss Cordelia's Blouse in Burtesque (Available now at The Witching Hour)
Elephant: geek - Luftballon in White (Available at Cirque de Seraphim)
Rings: (Yummy) - Elemental Ring Set (Available now at Collabor88) (Worn with SLINK Hands)
Skirt: R3volt - Mika Mini in Black
Pose: Image Essentials - Prestige 2 (Available Now for Depraved Nation Thrift Shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment