Sunday, May 26, 2019

A Sprinkling of Salt

OK SO, I don't want to rant but I can feel myself building one up and I guess it's better to let it out in a productive way rather than let it sit so I mull over it and end up in an even bigger mess than when I started!
Today's rant is about me, it's not aimed at anyone and shouldn't be taken as anything other than me just venting steam but it's something that seems to rear it's ugly head on occasion and it makes me into a very grumpy, somewhat depressed - I guess you could say Salty?! - kind of girl... 
I guess what it all comes down to is the fact that I see so many people on Flickr getting hundreds of likes for their pictures and I find myself questioning, doubting, wondering what I'm doing wrong and if there is something I should be doing differently. I know that it's bad to do that, I know I shouldn't be comparing myself to anyone else but sometimes it's hard not to. There are so many people taking amazing pictures out there with such variety of styles, but I bring myself down to a point where I'm about to give up sometimes. It's all because I'm not getting the number of likes I'd want on Flickr... Silly huh?! It's a massive numbers game, a popularity contest and sometimes when I'm really low it feels like I'm losing, but that's not really the point of what I do here is it?!
For me my blog is all about relaxation and therapy - of sorts - I sit here and take pictures, write and feel like the weight is lifted off my shoulders. I know I may not be the best blogger or photographer out there, but I do what I love and if other people enjoy it then that's great! I have to keep telling myself that like a mantra, I have to stop caring about the fact that other people's pictures always seem more "popular" than my pictures and to be honest, I have to stop worrying about what other people are getting and focus on taking the pictures that I know will make myself happy... 
I'm gonna just sprinkle some salt on it... I'm done being salty and complaining and feeling like I'm not good enough... I'm gonna do me, and good luck to everyone else... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Claudette Mesh Hair in Reds Pack 
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2 
Glasses: [Fetch] - Billie Glasses (Available until June 12th at N21
Dress: katat0nik - Sleepy Dress in Black 
Salt Prop: Junk Food - Salty AF Salt Cannister 
Pose: FOXCITY - Lounge, Pose 7 
Backdrop: anxiety - Nightvision (Available for use at Backdrop City)

No comments:

Post a Comment