Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Summer dresses in Autumn Colours

Time for something a little prettier today... I've been in the dark for too long now, and although I love being that way I don't want people to start thinking that I'm not a happy bunny - the majority of the time anyway - but never fear the darkness that comes with this time of year will be back very soon... 
Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year, not only because of Halloween, but also because of the colours and that sense that soon it will be time to snuggle up and hibernate almost... 
Yet I found a dress that made me want to give one last nod towards being out and about exploring in something pretty and not too tightly wrapped hehe... 
I guess you could call it my look of the day?! 
It's my nod towards the start of the Autumn harvest - though I guess that has been going on for a while now anyway - but so many people were hoping for an Indian Summer here in RL, that now we are hitting freezing temperatures a lot of us are not yet prepared for it. Still least in SL you can still skip around in a summer dress without getting cold right?!
The location I randomly discovered, with a really Autumnal feel - although yes the majority of the trees are still green for now - is the landscape that surrounds Apple Fall. I was there shopping and this amazing field caught my eye, I KNEW it would be a great photo backdrop!
Yet it was the dress that inspired this look more than anything, I fell in love with the dress style when I saw it on Flickr a few weeks ago, and HAD to try it... When I tried it on, it was love and I just had the hard task of choosing the colour... There are 4 different colour combinations of this dress - available from Paperdoll's - and each combination comes in a collection of different combinations - the plain, the checked and the mix'n'match!
I wore it with the adorable Darkness Hat Hair from Magika - the HUD of which will be able to colour the new subscribo group gift by the way - and then kept the rest of my accessories to this simple but very pretty Devil Trap Necklace from [geek.]
So there you have another look of the day, a last grab at that summer feeling and perhaps a nod towards the Autumn days that have yet to come... 

What is she wearing;
Hat & Hair: Magika - Darkness Falls 
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 
Wounds: antielle - The Alchemical Transformation 
Tattoo: Identity - Inner Goddess 
Necklace: [geek.] - Devil Trap Necklace in Bronze 
Dress: Paperdoll's - Frivole Dress in Brown-Pink Plaid
Pose: Signature Pose - Hikaru 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment