Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Evil Mermaid Inside!

For some reason the craze of the Mermaid is still sweeping through SL like a case of the Chicken Pocks in kids... It seems that everyone has caught the half-fishy bug and I have to say I am really enjoying playing the mermaid myself too! I've never really been one for wearing the mermaid tail, but I've always had a thing about being a mermaid that can walk on land, and luckily with the pretties that are being released in abundance I've been able to do that a little!!
A part of me hopes that the cult of the Mermaid that is sweeping the SL fashion world, doesn't become like the cult of the Vampire or the Neko, but with events like Enchantment - yes the one based on Fairytales - going down the mermaidy route it is very hard to ignore the call of the sea!
This time though I am NOTHING like the conventional Disney Mermaid Princesses, unless perhaps you mixed them with a rock chick?! I would say I blame parts of the outfit but why should I blame anyone, I LOVE this mermaid on land look!!!
Starting off with the TWO main reasons I pulled this look together, I couldn't resist them at The Enchantment and I still get a kick out of the outfit that I pulled together using them!! The two things I simply had to have at the event were the adorable hair and the amazing tattoo!
The hair comes from SpellBound, and it's accessory options are awesome. You can wear it with or without the strings of pearls and there are two different headdress options - flowers or a coral tiara - plus you can wear it without any of these so it's a fairly versatile wig!
The tattoo is possibly one of the coolest I've seen since the Dolly wounds, and as it comes from the same store, it really doesn't surprise me too much. The store that is antielle has a habit of making things that I NEED, this was no exception! The Inner Mermaid Tattoo with it's ripped skin to reveal the mermaid within effect and the amazingly vibrant colours of the scales beneath is just gorgeous, and although Macabre it really fits with that whole Little Mermaid idea!
Once those things were on, everything else just seemed to come together easily. A cropped Evil Mermaid half-tee from Asteria and a pair of Blueberry Lana shorts, with somet killer high EMPORIUM Sally heels was all the outfit I needed, I accessorised by adding a Candy Crunchers Fish Bone Headband to the already adorned wig, some adorable Stupid Cupid glasses from Cute Poison - that OK didn't really fit the theme but looked really cute with the outfit - and then for that edgy look I added a Zenith Shark Bag!!
Finally it was location time, and I scoured a few sims looking for the perfect Evil Mermaid moment without much success... It was about that time I re-discovered that I'd bought the Trompe Loeil Nerissa Seashell Bath from a past Collabor88 event! BINGO! With the addition of a few {anc} Bubbles, a Bubble Brigade Crab from Half-Deer and a Delightful seahorse fom Fawny, the evil mermaid in me was ready to leave the sea and head to the hearest place to find a fisherman to lure to his demise!!  

What is she wearing;
Head Band: Candy Crunchers - Fish Bone Headband in Silver (Past Event Release)
Hair & Accessory: Spellbound - Sirena in Chapter II Sky (Available Now at Enchantment)
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Glasses: Cute Poison - Stupid Cupid in Purple (Available Now at The Kawaii Project)
Wounds (Including Face & Doll Carvings): antielle - The Alchemical Transformation (Past The Epiphany Release) 
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded Piercing
Top: Asteria - Evil Mermaid
Shorts: Blueberry - Lana Rolled Down Shorts
Scales: antielle - The Inner Mermaid in Iridescent (Available Now at Enchantment)
Bag: Zenith - Shark Bag (Past Uber Release)
Shoes: EMPORIUM - Sally Heels (Past Fi*Friday Release)
Seahorse: Fawny - Mermaid's Delight Seahorse Companion 7 (Past The Gacha Garden Release)
Pose: Signature Pose - Caroline 4
Shell: Trompe Loeil - Nerissa Seashell Bath (Past Collabor88 Item)
Bubbles: {anc} - bubbles (Past Event Release)
Crab: Half-Deer - The Bubble Brigrade Crab in Orange (Past Event Release)

No comments:

Post a Comment