Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Doo Voodoo...

It's a perfectly dark, and mysterious lifestyle to fit perfectly into the Horror Haute event theme, although this isn't always the case and there can be lighter forms of voodoo too...
I mean OK I don't know a lot about Voodoo - other than what Disney's Princess and the Frog, and the Godsmack Voodoo song tell me, which to be frank isn't all that much LOL - but there is such a wealth of information on the internet - some of it more reliable than others - I guess I should do some research before launching into the ramble about Horror Haute's theme this month huh?!
Apparently - and it's lesson time with Rudh lol - Voodoo comes in 4 slightly different forms depending on your location, but it seems that one which is most well known would be the Louisana Voodoo...  It's the one I have associated my Horror Haute stylings with, its the one in which it is believed that Voodoo Dolls originated and as it is Louisiana the swamp vibe I have going on totally fits...
End of lesson for today... Let's talk about HORROR HAUTE MAY!!!
I took a little break to relax in my tree in the swamp whilst I was working on the Voodoo me and thought wow this would work for what I wanted in a photo...
My voodoo look was made up of a layering of skin from [Stargazer Creations], with tattoos from [Gauze], a face and neck tattoo laid over the top from Ama and then a smearing of red lipstick too...
The rest of my outfit and props are items for the Horror Haute this month... The dress and pin jewellery that I am wearing is from Brick-A-Brack, and the props - including the flag, staff and skulls are all releases from Lilith's Den. I'm even smoking a Facepalm Cigar that I stole from the Son of Samdedi!!!
I have my doll out ready though, so who shall I play with for a while, whilst I sort out my next look... OH HELLBONE!?!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Friday
Skin: [Stargazer Creations] - Plagued Skin (Past Horror Haute Release)
Black Eye Make-Up: Gothica - Lost Souls Face Tattoo
Eyes: Laudanum Lollipops - Death's Stare (Past Horror Haute Release)
Face Tattoo: Ama - Twisted Soul Eater in Turquoise
Lipstick: [Stargazer Creations]  - Lip Set in Red Pentagram 3
Dress & Pins: Brick-A-Brack - Voodoo Doll (Available Now for Horror Haute May)
Tattoo: [Gauze] - Idra Tattoo in Cauldron
Bracelets: tapi - Hammered Blanc Cuff
Cigar: Facepalm - Cigar (Included in the Son of Samdedi Outfit) (Available Now for Horror Haute May)
Pose: Signature Pose - The Von Schnitzel Series 2
Flag, Staff & Skulls: Lilith's Den - Voodoo (Veve, Staff and Skull Stands) (Available Now for Horror Haute May)
Doll: No Longer Available!

No comments:

Post a Comment