Monday, January 1, 2024

Cake Baking and Plan Making

Welcome to 2024 and a very Happy New Year to all my darling friends, followers and even those that may read my blog just to be a bit stalkerish - I'm laughing as I write that because I'm definitely not cool enough for anyone to want to stalk me lol... Last night was a bit crap for me and my family, my poor little puppy is terrifed of fireworks and the NL seems bonkers about them... Today has been a very leisurely, lazy one. A chance to sit back, fill in my new diary and make some plans for the year ahead...

It's also time for me to have a think back about last year and so the first post of the year tends to get a little deep sometimes... 
The past year has been another rollercoaster of a year. I stepped up in my RL work and got myself a promotion to assistant manager, it's been a busy time learning all the behind the scenes stuff but definitely got me out of a rut that I was stuck in. Hubby spent the last few weeks of the year at home sick and is waiting for an operation to have his gall bladder removed. I am missing my family in the UK, especially since they spent Christmas together, but troubles that have affected the family have somewhat subsided and things are ooking up... I guess all things considered, things are positive for me and my family... 
Now to look forward and I'm going to do so with a little trepidation... I don't want to risk jinxing myself or causing the things I want to go wrong... 
I'll be graduating the cheesy academy in June - a special time this year since it's the companies 50th year and I'll be in the class of that special year... 
I've decided to make changes in my RL that see me focusing more on myself and aiming for some 'Me' time. It guess it's kinda like a New Years Resolution, although I won't be calling it that since resolutions are so easily broken. I want to read more, I've started a challenge on Goodreads with a goal of 45! I wonder if I'm being too overly ambitious... I want to do more things like baking or cooking and testing new recipies. I want to drive more, since I've become terribly bad at it and I'm much more willing to be the passenger since Hell likes to drive. I want to get better at knitting, I'll aim to knit a blanket, maybe something with granny squares like Grandma used to knit... I want to improve my Second Life picture taking skills and work on my skills as a blogger and photographer and maybe if I'm lucky try to get myself some new sponsors - if anyone is out there and looking for bloggers lol... 
OH AND this year is my 10 year wedding anniversary with HellBone... 
So much going on, let's see how far we get with these things... Happy New Year, welcome to 2024!

What is she wearing;
Hair: TRUTH - Puppet in Redhead
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Flour: Izzie's - Baking Mess
Outfit: BUENO - Nini Overalls in Blues
Pose & Props: -Extra- - Homemade, Pose 3
Baking Decor: 
    Spice Jars, Eggs & Flour, and Toppings: Elm - Winter Baking Items
    Bowl & Whisk: dust bunny - At Home Baking in Frosting Bowl
    Other: O.M.E.N - Messy Baking in All Ingredients (No Longer Available!)

No comments:

Post a Comment