Monday, June 18, 2018

My Childhood Dreams Of Being Ariel

On Friday night, the one just gone, the Gators had one of their usual random parties... Someone will suggest a theme and BOOM that's the party for the month! So when I suggested Disney, everyone groaned but it seemed like it was a pretty fun and popular choice! 
My biggest problem was WHO WAS I GONNA BE?!! I knew it would be a princess, but there were just so many good choices... Though for ease sake there was only one true option... 
ARIEL!!! 
When I was little and on family vacations with my parents, my sister and I would always pretend to be mermaids... It's something I've not given up as I'm an adult! 
So I guess with that in mind, and a desire to show off my Ariel look, I found the perfect backdrop for my photo - a KraftWork "Inside Out" Pool, available for use at Backdrop City. It was perfect to think back on the days I spent in the pool as a kid being a mermaid... Also kinda silly, but it's my trapped inner mermaid wanted to get out LOL... 
The basic bits of her costume come from #EMPIRE - who made this awesome Beach Day Bikini, which yes I wore in Purple since that's the colour of Ariel's Shells - and a gorgeous Mermaid tail shaped skirt, because a girl has to be able to dance at a party from Indented. Then I added some movie special bits just to give it that Disney Princess flair, like the Half-Deer Fork Bracelet - since a Dinglehopper makes the best hairbrush - and even Ursula's Shell that holds Ariel's voice, which I still haven't been able to make my own sound like no matter how magical the shell is LOL... Just a few bubbles, because "Life is the Bubbles, Under the Sea!" and Ariel me was good to go... Ariel got to see the people dancing! 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Lela in Redheads 
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2 
Necklace: erare - Secrets Necklace (No Longer Available!)
Top: #EMPIRE - Beach Day Gacha Item in Bikini Top Mermaid 
Bracelet: Half-Deer - Mermaid's Majesty Gacha Item in Upcycled Fork Bracelet Silver 
Skirt: Indented - Ariel Skirt in Teal 
Bubbles: MoonAmore - Ocean Lover Gacha in Bubbles (Available until June 30th at The Arcade
Pose: Image Essentials - Heat, Pose 2 (Available until June 30th at Jersey Shore Fair
Backdrop: KraftWork - Inside Out Pool 

No comments:

Post a Comment