Friday, October 14, 2016

Monsters in Masks

Something has been playing on my mind recently and although I am away from home I cannot seem to shift the notion that is burning there... So today to clear my head a little maybe it's time I discuss with you my thoughts on anonymity in SL... 
It always seems so easy for people to hide their true natures behind a mask in Secondlife. A person's reasons may vary, and I agree that in some cases this anonymity can be a valuable thing but hiding behind a mask when it is used to belittle and harm others is when things become less protective and more twisted. It's this kind of concealing of someone's true nature that is one of my biggest pet hates about the Secondlife world.
I could go off on a long rant about people wearing masks of anonymity giving them the power to feel like they can get away with saying and acting in just the way they please, but I'm not going to bother. I wrote the things I wanted to say and deleted them before I could post them, what is the point in fueling the fires and giving in to those people, giving them exactly what they want which at the end of the day is basically a form of control over other people. 
Instead I am going to say, personally I choose to wear my mask on the outside - with me what you see is what you get and if you don't like who I am then you do not need to be a part of my Secondlife - go live your own! The mask I'm wearing today is one that is available until the awesome Momento Mori event closes sometime later on, from the awesome designer that is Le Morte. I needed this mask it was calling to me... Tempting my inner demons! I'll definitely miss this shopping event until it's next outing. I REALLY HOPE there is another outing for Momento Mori - Congrats to the organizer team for putting it together! 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Restless in 02 
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2
Mask: Le Morte - Creature Mask in White (Available until at October 14th at Momento Mori)
Eyes: PSYCHO.Byts - Zombie Eyes 
Blood Tear: The Horror! - Corpse Scars & Bruises in Teared (Available until at October 14th at Momento Mori
Nose Piercing: (Yummy) - Skull Collection Septum in Silver
Mouth Wound: The Horror! - Corpse Scars & Bruises in Smiled (Available until at October 14th at Momento Mori)
Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded 
Pose: Signature Pose - Portrait Pose 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment