Saturday, March 26, 2016

Evolution is moving on down the tracks...

Yesterday I took a photo in SL that has made me very very happy. Normally I feel a little unsure about my pictures, I worry that they aren't right and although I know I shouldn't I really find myself worrying about what others will think of them... I tend to feel exposed if I have not taken them into photo-shop and played around with them a little, which is weird because although I am putting my work out there as an "artist" which should be an expression of personality and opinion, I find that I often have to mute things... That being said, OK I know that I am a little on the crazy side with doing random things like being a princess one day and a monster the next! 
Yet while I was taking this photo I had a sense of peace, I wanted to do something that required no edit and - although I did crop this photo down - it's as raw as when I shot it in SL! I wanted to see what I can do without being able to touch up and make things look as I want them... and being honest with you... I LOVE IT! 
I guess the feeling behind this photo works very well with the location and photography props that I have used within it. The photography pose is one that is part of the Evolution of a Hipster series from Image Essentials. There has definitely been some evolution in the way I work as a photographer, and this may be the pinnacle of my work LOL... I do find myself thinking "I'm not up to their standard", which is terrible as everyone has a different style and a different way of viewing the exact same things... 
I guess the location is kinda like the name of the pose series too... This is Netherwood by Lauren Bentham, and as always with her locations, it is really well thought out and very very pretty. The following of the train track is a path to a beautiful landscape, but then walking along a path, an evolution, they all kinda spark of the same thing... Moving forwards... 
Perhaps I have moved forwards without even realising?! 

What is she wearing;
Hat & Hair: Truth - Armelle 
Skin: Glam Affair - Luna Skin in Asia 
Shirt: SPIRIT - Tin Top in Gray 
Skirt: Blueberry - Letia in Stoned 
Socks: [ abrasive ] - Worn Thigh Socks in White 
Pose: Image Essentials - Evolution of a Hipster in Pose 8 (Available until March 27th at Depraved Nation Luck of the Irish Gacha Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment