Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Mermaid Epiphany

Today is all about an Epiphany... Not just any epiphany... THE Epiphany... 
If you haven't heard, there is a new type of gacha event in town, and although it is as addictive as the various other events, this one has a bit of a twist... This time, you're able to trade in any unwanted items to earn points for special exclusives... I LOVED this idea, when I went to the event there were a few sets I HAD to have, so that meant I had plenty of things I could trade in... I was so excited, and OK I spent a fortune but the goodies were so worth it, and I have no need to worry about how to get rid of the things I don't want too YAY!!! 
One of the stores that has items available at the event is a fairly new-ish store called lunaBeam... The items from this store had me re-living childhood dreams... This time I was actually able to do something about them hehe... 
When I was little, and usually on a holiday with my parents, I had a dream of being a mermaid... Not just any mermaid, THE Mermaid, the one that Disney made famous lol... I wanted to be Ariel so much that sometimes when we were on holiday my sister and I would have fights about who was going to play Ariel LOL - the things you fight about when you're 7 or 8 LOL - but now, thanks to lunaBeam, I can re-live that childhood dream and play at being Ariel on the beach here in SL hehe... 
These sets are brilliant, at The Epiphany, you can win bikinis, hair accessories and flippers to match the colours of ALL of Ariel's sisters, with the rare items being those to match Ariel herself. Of course, I wasn't going to take being any of the other mermaids, I HAD to be Ariel, but I needed a companion... In the gacha you can also win rubber rings that are coloured to look like Sebastian and Flounder - BUT I chose this opportunity to go and grab myself another one of the awesome models from Characteristics!!! 
Anyway, as well as the awesome mermaid based items, at The Epiphany there is a special area in which designers have placed items that you can trade unwanted goods in for something awesome... So that you're aware, it's 25 points needed to trade in and you get one point per item or three points if the item is a rare! 
The trade-in item from lunaBeam is brilliant... Similar in style to the mermaid items but if you choose to trade-in for this set you get an URSULA themed set. Bikini - with sea witch tentacles - hair accessory coral and shell necklace, you too can be the wicked witch of the sea... Of course as Ariel was up playing on the beach I had to let Ursula play too, and she's been accessorising with fish bones today hehe... One in her !Ohmai hair - a donation of 30% of the sale of this style goes to help raise money for Wigs for Kids - and one in her special Skellyfish Balloon - from Half-Deer that can be yours for free if you hunt at Origami
Question for you now is, which of the Little Mermaid's sisters will you be? 

What is she wearing;
Ariel:
Hair: ARGRACE - Akane in Reds 
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item) 
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded Piercing 
Outfit (Including Bikini, Flippers, Necklace & Hair Accessory): LunaBeam - Ariella Gacha Items (Available Now at The Epiphany
Ursula:
Hair with Fish Bones: !Ohmai Salon - Omakase in DrkReds (Available Now for Hair Fair 2015
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item) 
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded Piercing 
Outfit (Including Bikini, Flippers, Necklace & Hair Accessory): LunaBeam - Ursula Pack (Available Now as The Epiphany Gacha Trade-In Item) 
Balloon: Half-Deer - Skellyfish Balloon (Available Now at Origami
Ariel Pose: Signature Pose - Scott 1
Ursula Pose: Signature Pose - Iwone 4
Doll: :) Characteristics (: - Sebastian 

No comments:

Post a Comment