Sunday, August 31, 2014

"Brrrrrrrr" Ice Buckets!

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is the current charity fund-raiser that is sweeping the world and creating a HUGE buzz... It has recently found it's way into the SL world - as all trends seem to do - and I am not afraid to admit it, but I thought I would be able to avoid nomination LOL... 
Then this morning I read Eliza Quixote's Blog... Dammit! You know me, I can never turn down a challenge! Now time for the nominations... I KNOW you have to nominate people to do the challenge too and I'm going to make my nominations right from the start... I nominate Shiny Bubble, Mildread Gloom, Fledhyris Proudhon and the entire Gators MC, an now for a photo... 
Then I realised I had to read a little more about the challenge, I mean I'd heard about it but had no idea really about what ALS... ALS - or  Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - is a progressive neurodegenerative disease affecting nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord according to things I've read, and this seems to be something that is fatal. I know I sound clueless, I will admit that I am, and I hope I don't offend by seeming this way! 
My first picture was a bit silly - I mean I was soaked by a bucket full of ice that had been made in an old paint bucket and had some weird mutant life-form inside it - so I actually did the challenge properly too... My MC Sister Lexi, seemed perfectly happy to freeze me in the process! 
That was bloody freezing, but the donations made go to a good research cause... My heart goes out to anyone suffering or anyone who knows someone who is suffering from this illness!
Can't wait to see those I nominated Go for the Ice! 

What is she wearing; 
Pose & Ice: Hootinany - Ice Bucket Challenge Pose 
Crazy Look
Bucket: MOGLIS - Magic Paint Bucket 
Tentacles: No Longer Available!
Hair: eep - Hair 012 (Past Freebie) 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Starlust Piercing (Current Group Gift) 
Lip Paint: No Longer Available!
Necklace: ImmateriA - As Time Warps Necklace (Coming soon for the Twisted Hunt Fall 2014!) 
Top: {dolle*} - Melting Paint Outfit (Past Event Release) 
Pose: Image Essentials - Wall to Wall
Normal Look
Hairband: Magika -  Group Gift 
Hair: taketomi - Ayame  Bento (Past Kustom 9 Item) 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Top: Virtual Nirvana - Loose Cardi and Top in Black (Past Event Release) 
Shorts: Pulse - Allure Shorts (Part of Outfit) 
Socks: Forever Young - Bad Ass Knee Socks (Available now at Suicide Dollz
Shoes: The Little Bat - Stunner Stilettos in Teal (Available now at Suicide Dollz
Lexi
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Luna
Top: TEE*FY - Basic Tucked Tank Black (Past FLF Item)
Shorts: DRIFT - Daisy Dukes  
Tights: Sympatika - Pantyhose Ripped
Shoes: Dirty Princess - Terrific Princess Boots

2 comments:

  1. LOL... thank you, i think!!! I have now been challenged both in RL and SL, guess I better get on that! And yea, it is a slowly, progressively debilitating disease that is currently uncurable, largely unknown by the wider population, and vastly misunderstood and under-funded in terms of research. This challenge has been phenomenal in getting this terrible illness recognition and much needed funding!! Can't wait to do this, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. challenge accepted, and DONE!! hahaha, thanks!

    http://dementeddollie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/ice-bucket-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete