Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Berry´s Memes are back for a New Year... YAY!

The morning ritual at work is I sit at my desk with a cuppa and look through all the pretty pics that people have posted on Flickr throughout the previous day! There are some amazing photography artists in SL and some of the fashionistas have me grabbing for my notepad! Though this morning as I was casting my tired eyes over the photos, I noticed one that made me happy dance in my seat... BERRY IS BACK WITH A NEW MEME!!! Luckily I was on my own in the office at the time or people might have thought I had finally lost it, but for me personally, Berry´s Memes will always help to keep my blogging mojo running and provide lots of entertainment while I answer her questions and provide crazy pictures!
So that was your first pretty, but somewhat random considering the theme of the post, picture for the New Year related post. I was thinking about following in Berry´s footsteps and working on something kind of snowy, but to be honest I don´t like snow that much, even in SL! Sure it´s pretty, but it always makes me really nervous but if anyone will fall over and hurt themselves you can be 90% sure that I will be the one to do it! So I went with something a little more my style hehe... I found a fun place to take pictures called Wasted - which is a dirty, post-apocalypic and destroyed oil refinery by the look of things - and pulled on a bad girl biker look...
Anyway, enough rambling Rudh... Time to get on with the important bit... THE QUESTIONS!
How did you spend New Year’s Eve? I spent at home with HellBone and our doggy, watching the crazy Dutch people celebrate. The fireworks were going off ALL DAY from about 10am and our dog was going crazy, so Hell and I were acting like a pair of silly buggers to stop her panicking. All was going fine until they played The Twist song - an oldie but still such a fun song - and Hell and I were dancing, then BAM our knees met and OUCH! LOL!
Did you keep any new years’ resolutions? Well, not this year. I used to always make resolutions and then would be majorly disappointed in myself for not sticking with them. So this year I decided to not think about it. Instead I plan on enjoying 2014 and not letting the issues that Hell and I went through in 2013 continue to affect us!
What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Hmmm achievements... I don't think there were many big achievements in the last year. There were lots and lots of little ones, but nothing major that stands out on it's own really.
What was the best thing you bought? The best thing I bought this year in RL has to be my house! HellBone and I are officially home owners! He actually owned the house with his ex and I bought her out of it, but still I bought a house in 2013! Makes me feel all grown up and kinda scares me a little. As for purchases in SL well that is a little more difficult, I am shopping all the time and each time these things become my favourite buys LOL...
What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I'd seen my family more. Living in Holland is great but going months without seeing them can be hard. I mean talking to them on the phone or on skype is great, but nothing like actually being with them! There are plans for a tunnel - similar to the Eurostar Train Tunnel that runs from Paris to London - between London and Amsterdam... I wish they'd get that done faster LOL.
What do you wish you’d done less of? I think I am in agreement with Berry on this one, and will say that I wish I had done less worrying about the negatives that people had to say about me. I am slowly beginning to learn that no matter what people think, as long as I am enjoying myself and no one is getting hurt then the negative words of other people are just that... WORDS! They always say that there is no bad press, and that at least people are talking about you, and my mum always says people only say bad things because they are jealous of you. So from now on I plan on thinking more along the lines of "Thank You" when someone is being catty, rather than allowing myself to feel like what I am doing is not good enough or wrong.
What was your favorite movie you watched this year? What movie did I love this year... Hmmm that is a hard one because there have been a LOT! I cannot choose one new movie that I loved this year, but I will admit that my favourite movie I sat and watched this year was the same one I watch every year at Christmas - The Sound of Music. It became family tradition as it was on the television around the holidays when I was younger, and even now living on my own, I still found myself curling up to watch it on the TV whilst singing along and crying - as I used to do with my mum - when the mother superior nun sings "Climb Every Mountain" LOL...
What did you do on your birthday this year? My Birthday in 2013 was possibly one of my best ever! I think I've mentioned it before, but I'll share it again! HellBone and I spent it in EuroDisney - the Disneyland in Paris - as we'd just been through a crappy year financially and were finally not just afloat but were doing well. We spent my Birthday in the park, wearing Mickey Mouse ears, but it was when HellBone got down on one knee in front of the big pink Cinderella castle and thousands of people that made my day the best ever!
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned. I need worry less about what people think and just be myself. I need to stop doubting my own abilities and have a little more confidence in me.
What does 2014 hold for you? Well a wedding for a start, but other than that I want to travel. I want to meet up with friends that I have met in SL and give them hugs in RL, but other than that I am looking forward to some - hopefully good - surprises!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Ploom - Margo
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Jacket: Only available by becoming a member of the Gators MC
Necklace: Cute Poison - Bitch
Jumpsuit: SAKIDE - Modish Jumpsuit in White
Pose: Ploom - Bones 3

2 comments:

  1. Rudh, I am so glad to know you and all your answers are so totally you! Have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me "awwwwwwwwing" throughout out the whole post. First for describing how you felt when you saw that I started the memes again, so adorable, thank you so much for the support. <3 And then of course second the proposal, that is so incredibly sweet. I hope both of you have a fabulous wedding this 2014 and a wonderful, long life together. So happy for you both. <3

    ReplyDelete