Saturday, April 30, 2011

52 Weeks of Colour - WEEK 26!

This week I had easy... At first when the colours were coming outta Luna's Crayon Box I dreaded anything in this colour range, but when it came out for this weekend I was like a crazy woman with a severe case of the giggles!!! I had already spent time looking for an outfit in this colour, due to a special holiday that takes place on April 30th, here in Holland, and when the colour came up for the challenge in the same week it was like it had been planned this way... 
First off what am I rambling about this time, well... to all the Dutchies out there from a Brit living in your awesome country... Gelukkig Koninginnedag... for anyone that has no idea what that means it is 'Happy Queen's Day' celebrating the official Birthday of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands (basically it seems to be a day when most of Holland is one HUGE PARTY!)
Then onto my colour post hehe, 
Week 26...
TANGERINE
Week 26: Lots of people, especially kids, dress in Orange as it is the national Colour!
What is she wearing; 
Hair: Ploom - Dot
Boa: Schadenfreude - Wrapped Feather Boa (this was a white one I coloured)
Necklace: *ICED* - Amber Necklace
Top: .:Acid&Mala:. - Halloween Tanks (past group gift)
Skirt and Stockings: PARADISIS - Part of Sirup Halloween Special
Boots: Maitreya Gold - Shearling Boots


Next Week - Olive... Simple, Easy but still in the veggie draw!

11 comments:

  1. a dream in tangerine .. lol ... the dutch queen must be proud of you ;-)
    love that look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! If that's the case... let's party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy tangerine! Love that boa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Very vivacious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww you are so cute! Happy Queensday! <3 thanks for thinking of us dutchies today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a party colour! I love the boa <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea what was up with all the orange, a cafe here had a celebration for Queen's Day!

    Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - I was just in Amsterdam and I saw all the preparations being made for Queensday and all the orange things (I liked best a cake made in the shape of the queen's hat, it looked really tasty)- but I left the day before to go back to the UK ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to combine it with Queens day! Love the Boa!

    ReplyDelete