Sunday, July 14, 2013

Greased Up Pink Lady FLUX!

When I started blogging for FLUX again recently, I met a very, very lovely lady by the name of Mildread Gloom. She is a blogger, working on her creative outlet that is the Demented Dollies blog. Now Millie and I have crossed paths in blogging circles before, she and I work to cover similar events, and though I cannot work out for the life of me how we started chatting recently and how we missed talking to each other much in the past, but I am really glad we met... She like myself has a love of the depraved and somewhat dead side of the SL fashion world, and is really fun to talk to too! 
Now the reason behind this gush of sickly sweet talk about Millie is that, when FLUX started we got talking about the Pink Ladies due to the fact that Dead Dollz had released mesh Pink Ladies jackets as some of their items for the Americana Theme! We knew we had to do something with them... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN it was time for an extra special collaborative post!
So the new modern, and somewhat depraved looking Pink Ladies rolled into town. We borrowed Grease Lightning from Kenickie and drove on over to the Pink Motel - home of this month's FLUX - for a spot of window shopping and watching the boys on their bikes ride by! 
As you may well notice though we aren't the conventional 50's Pink Ladies... Millie and I both - although seperately - dressed more to fit our own styles, and breathed a sigh of relief when we ended up both looking like we could be in the same Pink Ladies gang hehe... 
The Pink Motel is a really good backdrop for photography, but it will only be up until the end of the month when the theme for FLUX will change again... Set in the desert with a retro diner being it's only other friend, this place is truly like something in the middle of no where! The car that became our major prop is not at FLUX however, this is The Lightning and it comes straight out of Hell's store Hogs and Cart Wheels! Have to promote him where I can really don't I? He worked super hard on this car however, it comes with all the important aspects of the Greased Lightning that was danced on by Danny Zuko when the car was in the garage - including fluffy dice! 
I've also been a little cheeky here and made a twofer post! A few weeks back Berry set us a Meme about asking a friend questions... Well I picked a new friend lol - Millie was put in the hotseat... 20 Questions Time Millie!

Favourite Colour? hmmm, this is actually kinda tricky for me. It used to be purely red when I was younger, but now more and more its black, with a lil bit of red or purple thrown in- which you can plainly see from my blog!

Favourite Smell? kind of a weird one this, but with my RL job being a nurse, my favourite smell is diprobase cream!!! haha, I just love using this
Morning Person or Night Time Fiend? definitely a night time fiend! I am NOT a morning person, at ALL, lol
Necklaces, Rings or Bracelets? In RL, bracelets. I find rings too heavy and restricting - just don't like wearing them, and necklaces get break too easily- usually by the kids pulling in them! lol Though I dont tend to wear a lot of jewellery in RL, which I guess also shows in my blog as I rarely wear jewellery in SL too.
Rain or Sunshine? Sunshine. I hate the rain. Not a very goth thing for me to admit to, but yeah I prefer lazing in the sun!
What do you love most about SL? Being able to express myself freely through SL fashion and my blog.
Favourite Food? all of it!! haha, I've always been a foodie.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a police officer, or an archaeologist, but I'm too short for the police (I'm 4" 11 in RL!), and couldn't do archaeology due to family commitments
How did you find out about SL? Randomly, it was talked about on the British breakfast TV show "This Morning".
Sweet or Savory? sweet. Definately a sweet tooth.
What place on earth would you most like to visit? New York... I dunno, I've always had a weird kind of fascination with the USA, I'd love to visit! 
Have you met anyone in SL who inspires you? yes, I meet people who inspire me in SL in different ways all the time, I'd be too embarrassed to name names though *blushes*
Name three things that you love about SL... shopping, the fact that I can wear whatever I like without worrying about whether it will fit/ look good on me and  making friends and the sense of community I feel in SL.
If your house was on fire what personal possession would you have to go back in for? this is tricky, but I would have to say the autographed slipknot photo that my hubby got me a couple of years ago :)
Besides Blogging what do you like to do in you SL time? I don't get a whole lot of spare SL time, but when I do, I like to hang out with friends :)
How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? ... (Lol seems I totally stumped her on this question LOL sorry Millie!)
Favourite Season? Summer! Prolly cus we don't get a whole lot of sunshine here, so I love it when we do

What don't you like about SL? it lags wayyyy too much on my crappy, olllld computer
What is your favourite sandwich filling? tuna mayonnaise, yum :P
What came first the Chicken or the Egg? the chicken? lol

Seeing as this is a special Grease themed post...
Favourite Grease song? *coughs a lil embarrassed* I actually cant stand the music in Grease!! That prolly has something to do with my lil sister constantly playing the video-tape over and over when we were little :/

Danny or Kenickie? Kenickie


What are they wearing; 
RUDH
Hair: Magika - Blame 
Skin: Sugar - Cry My Heart Out Skin in tone 3 
Glasses: ellemeno - Dirty Glasses in Black 
Face Wounds: (Eyes & Lips) [mock] - Tainted Love Zombie Makeover, AND, Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo 
Face Piercing: Cute Poison - Zephyr Piercing (Current Group Gift) 
Neck Tattoo: Delusions - Unforgiven 
Necklaces: (UPPER) KOSH - Sailor Necklace in V1 (Available now at The Mens Department), AND (LOWER) Cute Poison - Bitch 
Jacket: Dead Dollz - Pink Ladies (Available now at FLUX
Top: Sassy Kitty Designs (Now SAKIDE) - Stretched Tank in Black 
Skirt: LOULOU&CO - Billy Skirt in Black/Pink (Past SL Fashion Week Item) 
Garter: L.inc - Bitch Garter 
Boots: J's - Studded Long Boots in Black 
Pose: Poseology - Peggy 4 (Available now at FLUX
MILLIE: 
Skin: Sugar - summer lovin - tone 1 (group gift)
Eyes: Beautiful Freak Cosmetics - Evening - ice,
Hair: Taketomi - Sachi (available at the Chapter Four event)

Eye-liner: Pin Me Down - the liners,
Make-up: Sn@tch - 50s make-up

Cuts & Bruises: Zombie Suicide (2nd Make-up and Tattoo hunt gift),
Neck tat: Delusions - Crazy Bitch,
Stomach carving: Love Zombie - Tainted
Undies: Acid & Mala - Laced Bodysuit
Leggings: Sakide - shredded leggings

Jacket: Dead Dollz - Pink Ladies (Available now at FLUX)  
Shoes: whatever - CG Spikes (SL Fashion Week group gift),
Glasses: Kennedys - Pink Sunglasses
Piercings: HOD - Scorpio's Simplicity
Necklace: LpOca - Necklace Cross

Rings: Virtual Insanity - Heavy Cross Hand Jewellery
Nails: Virtual Insanity - Trinity (nail appliers for slink nail hud)
Pose: Poseology - Peggy 1 (Available now at FLUX )

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun questions! I might have to steal some next time I interview someone. Thanks for sharing Millie with us!

    ReplyDelete