Saturday, June 4, 2011

52 Weeks of Colour - WEEK 31!

As soon as I logged in to post my colour for last week and I saw that this colour was on the table this week I KNEW what I was going to wear... Well not so much the exact outfit, but I had my idea stashed deep within the history of my RL and when the idea started knocking I just couldn't get it to go away... 
Not so much the colour, more the fabric that this colour takes its name from (or was that the other way around?) had my brain going into turbo drive as when I closed my eyes and thought about it there was a specific 90's girl band from Ireland that had adorned the walls of the bedroom that I shared with my younger sister, Sophie, at the mention of 90's girl bands a few spring to mind, the Spice Girls, TLC, Destiny's Child, but this one was favoured by my sister, this one being the all Irish girl band, B*Witched
B*Witched were normally seen wearing this week's colour, in some form or another... It actually scares me that I can STILL sing along every word of this song, even though it was around 13 years ago that a 9 year old Sophie played this CONSTANTLY around our house!
So I took them as inspiration... This one is for you Soph!!!
Week 31... 
DENIM
Week 31: If they EVER have a reunion, they MIGHT want a 5th member!
What is she wearing;
Hair: Tiny Bird - Sky Might Fall (past hunt prize)
Skin: Skinthesis - Geekgasm (past hunt gift)
Necklace: .:Acid&Mala:. - Cowrie-shell Necklace (past hunt prize)
Jacket: *Short & Sweet Mannequins* Denim Jacket Medium Wash
Shirt: Sn@tch - Vernal Tank
Skirt: SG Fashion - Baloon Skirt

Bit of a difference from me discussing Avril Lavigne last week, lol, guess that is one of the best things about this challenge and about SL in general, a person can be whatever they want to be! 
Next Week - Jade... A pretty colour, whatever am I gonna do with that?

9 comments:

  1. Avril, B*Witched, Go girl artists! Looks like you would fit right in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the flowers in your hair work with the whole lacey-ruffly part of the skirt! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would blow those Irish girls out of the water heheh....very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard this song in a million years! Awesome! :)) Cute outfit. Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOHH love that skirt! Cute lil posie to!
    Girl bands!! YAYY! I was a go-go's fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look!! That is a great skirt

    ReplyDelete