Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Leaf on the Wind, Destination UK

Homesickness has hit me a little hard recently... I was in the UK at Christmas visiting family, but one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do was move to another country. OK I got the man I wanted to be with, but at the same time I left everything I knew and loved behind me, and even though I've been here for almost 5 years, everytime I leave the UK I cry! My mum complains that I don't call them often enough, but I always end up feeling a little sad when I hang up the phone, so I try to put it off and delay the calls.
I try to surround myself in SL with things that make me feel like I'm in England... So when I saw the event, that is being hosted in honour of Scarlet Chandrayaan - owner of the store Alouette - in her efforts to tick an item off her bucket list, with a trip to London, after she was given the news that no one wants to hear... She's sick, it's cancer and this time, I was sad to read, it's terminal... News no one wants to hear... I had more than one reason to go to A Leaf on the Wind and splash some cash on a collection of adorable UK related things...
I first heard about the event through one of the designers that I am a blogger for... Nimil Blackflag , of SongBird, sent out her blogger box with a little information... I will admit, though thinking about it now it sounds really bad, that I just ignored the information at first and was more than a little excited she'd made something featuring British things! It wasn't until I'd cast a fleeting glance at the notecard, that I knew I'd definitely be spending some money at the event too, not just dancing around in my new Punky Britt Jeans from SongBird!  
Before I even had the chance to go shopping, I made sure I was dressed like a Punky Brit, admittedly a scantily clad one, but a Punky Brit all the same! Just something I wanted to point out, these shoes are some of my favourites and I don't think I've ever talked about them before! They are from the brand cheeky, and are called Kayle... I FREAKING LOVE THEM, but moving on lol...
The event itself is set in a representation of the Tower of London it seems, with a whole host of designers offering British themed wares to raise money for Scarlet's trip to London!
There were so many lovely things that I could have bought, each would have made me feel a little less homesick, but a few things in particular really caught my attention... The first is in my hand! Let's face it, if you ever read my blog or look at my photos, me dressing up and looking silly is something that seem to go hand in hand, and you should expect it by now. So it was no surprise that I was drawn to the [Fetch] Bloody Fun Gacha with it's masks on sticks! What makes these masks even more fun is that you can wear multiples at once, they are already posed and set to roughly the right positions but you can edit them if you wish...
Lastly and possibly the most obvious, dependant on where your eyes are drawn to, but even then I doubt you would miss this, we have the AWESOME Telephone Booth Nook Set from 22769. This was one of the first, and possibly my favourite items from the event, and the telephone booth itself will now become a permanent fixture at my house. I love the little details - it's fully posed so you can sit yourself all nice and cosy in the box - the photos of Big Ben, the cushions made up of the three flags of the Union Jack and even the fairy lights, which I am a sucker for in RL too by the way!
So let's raise a glass of Letterbox Champagne, spend a few bob and get Scarlet on her way to the UK!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Lemon
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup, AND, (Cheek) Fallen Doll - WickedFaceScar
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Masks: [Fetch] - Bloody Fun Gacha in Hat, Mustache 1 and Monocle (Available now at Leaf on the Wind)
Top: Kio-Kio - Bitch Bra in Cyber Black
Jeans: SongBird - Punky Britt Jeans in Black (Available now at Leaf on the Wind)
Shoes: cheeky - Kayle in Silver (Worn with SLINK HIGH Feet)
Props & Pose: 22769 - Telephone Booth Nook Set (Available now at Leaf on the Wind)

No comments:

Post a Comment