Monday, January 19, 2015

I'm in a Fashion Magazineeeeeeeee....

A couple of weeks ago now, one of my dear friend's and sisters, Miss Solde Rothmanay and I were chatting about some stuff that was coming up for her store, Soul Designs! If you haven't heard of the store, I will admit to you that being 100% honest it's not really my usual style - it's stuffed full of cute, fashionable everyday wear with a hint of class and a lot of Solde's awesome style peppered throughout. Anyway, we were chatting about something she'd designed and said would I try it... I jumped at the chance... FREE CLOTHES HECK YES!
The plan was it was to be released as a hunt prize - although as plans go this one never made it to that final goal and it was released in store instead hehe - and Solde wanted to spread the word... Course I was going to help her if I could.
I pulled on the dress, and instead of going my normal macabre route, something kicked in and I went girlie fashionista... Maybe it was Solde's influence, I mean the dress with it's skully design screamed for me to go macabre,  but that never happened... I'll blame Solde for it, it's easier than me admitting that I subconciously went girlie?!
I'll discuss the outfit in a minute, but here is the biggest and most exciting bit! When I shared my photo with Solde, prior to even editing in any way, shape or form, she asked if she could use it in an ad... I thought cool I may be hung on the wall of her store or something, but no what she had in mind was MUCH cooler!!! Not that being hung on the wall of her store wouldn't be cool, but she asked if she could use my photo in a magazine ad!
The Magazine - called ModeLS - was published yesterday. Solde excitedly told me, and shared with me the online version that you can see here - check out page 21, thats yours truely YAY! - or you can pick up a copy in world at her store, Soul Designs... I know that I will be heading over there to grab one ASAP! I couldn't believe it when I looked though, we're wedged between the contents page - SO very early on in the publication - and an ad for Vero Moda!!!
Let's just take a few minutes out from 'fangirling' to discuss my look, seeing as it is something that is necessary hehe...
The dress is a Soul Designs dress, called Jayne, in case you hadn't realised by now... I've said it before, but I will say it again, the designs that come from Solde's store are not my normal choices BUT each item you buy, I can guarentee, will be well made and something the designer herself would be proud to be seen wearing! The rest of the outfit was dressing to accessorise the dress... I couldn't decide between boots or shoes, but these HollyHood Bellanice Boots in white seemed to work really well. with my hair hanging loose in a Clawtooth style, a super long Gold R necklace from :sey and some HUGE pair of earrings that have been collecting dust in my hoard from Aura - which has long since closed but you may find the earrings are still available on the marketplace. Lastly all it needed was a pair of over-sized sunglasses, as any fashionista would pull on to protect her eyes whilst emerging from a store with arms laden with shopping bags. Cue the Pure Poison Rockin Mesh Spiked Sunglasses, and this new found fashionista is ready to carry on her shopping trip!   
I am honoured that Solde liked my photo enough to want to use it as one of her ads, she's even asked me to do another one for her... I'm so excited, thank you for this opportunity honey!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Clawtooth - Fade Into You (Past Arcade Item)
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Sunglasses: Pure Poison - Rockin Mesh Spiked Sunglasses in Black
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Earrings: Aura - Bahiti Hoop Earrings in Zebra (No Longer Available!)
Necklace: :sey - LongNecklace "R"
Dress: Soul Designs - Jayne Dress (Available from January 15th as a Black & White Hunt Prize)
Boots: HollyHood - Bellanice Boots in White (Past Fi*Friday Item)
Bag & Pose: Clawtooth - Fade Into You Box (Past Arcade Item)

No comments:

Post a Comment