Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Life Goes On

This week is a crazy one due to RL being full of Easter tourists in the city and me having to work in a tourist based Cheese Shop... 
Things in SL have also been getting to me a little bit too... I don't want to whine or grumble or complain, but recently I have been beginning to wonder what I'm doing wrong with my blogging. I work my butt off and try superhard, but this week there had been a collection of rejections for spots in blogging teams - two of which were straight out No, the other was an addition to a waiting list only to be rejected a little later on... Each little rejection, chipping away at my self-esteem, and a backwards slide into thoughts of "why is that person able to get more likes than me?" It's a feeling that I'd been trying to get over, a feeling that I was succeeding in getting past, but three rejetions in a day feels like a total slam in the gut.... 
I needed a moment step away, take a breath and try to get back on track...  

Out on the rooftop - which is actually a backdrop from Synnergy.Tavis - I looked perfectly glam, all prepped for a picture that I'd been planning to take, wearing the most adorable of outfits including an item from a store that I'd been rejected by, to take a secret smoke break... 
Looking out at the city lights, noticing how they twinkle against a starryback drop of the night sky, taking a deep breath made me find some perspective. It helped that I was contacted by a friend who made a suggestion that I applied for an Event she was a part of... Within a few hours, there was a boost me trying to increase my positivity with an acceptance and a chance to try something new...
By the end of the day, I felt better... My blog is my therapy, my happy place and my place to express myself. If I get rejections that just means that I am not what the designer is looking for, that doesn't mean I am bad at what I do. There are plenty of people out there, there are plenty of people that LOVE what I do, and that's a part of my therapy process that makes me happiest. I realised thinking about it, Life Goes On and I amhappy to see where it goes and what willcome my way... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Artisan
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Cigarette: Closet Freak - Cigarette "TROUBLE" (No Longer Available!)
Necklace: CULT - Sedit Necklace
Jacket: Pseudo - Leo Leather Jacket in Black
Top: Catarsis - PURO VENENO Top in HOT
Pants: Psycho Barbie - Electra Pants & Boots in Black
Pose: -Extra- - Blossom, Pose 1
Backdrop: SYNNERGY.TAVIS - Life Goes On Rooftop Backdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment