Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tiki Tiki Time at FLUX

A new month brings us a new round of one of my favourite events in SL - some people chomp at the bit for Collabor88, or FaMESHed, and I think we all get overly excited about the Arcade - but for me FLUX has always been one of the events that I most look forward to. I love the themes that are chosen each month... Things that are different and sometimes outside of the box... 
This month we take on the Tiki Lounge, a trip to the tropicana and some freaking awesome pink flamingos! Gotta love pink flamingos hehe... 
So this photo lets me show off my evil side - drowning myself in a pool on the beach... As soon as I saw the flamingos from Weather or Not I knew that I would be blogging them, but the pool - from Horribaubles - caught my attention too... By now you might have realised that I like looking dead. A pretty duckie pool to drown myself in, seemed like the perfect toy. 
Though I made two different outfits and then cheekily combined two seperate pics hehe... Let me show you close ups to talk more about the outfits, though just a quick mention about the location. This is the FLUX Tiki lounge set-up, and I LOVE the look of this place. The items are all available to buy from Tiki Heads on the beach, so don't miss out shopping in a relaxed beach environment and maybe stop off at the bar for some cocktails. 
Let's talk about these outfits then... 
First the Left... Or the Drowning Girl look hehe... The flamingos that feature predominantly in the first photo are supported in this look as they are dotted all over my dress. This dress, made by Moonstone, is really cute - a pretty summer dress that is longer in the back than at the front, making it seem like adorable beach wear or something that could be dressed up for the evening! Accessorised with this simply gorgeous necklace from DownDownDown and a cute ring from SAKIDE, that you can find in one of the Gachas at FLUX, and the look was complete!
Then the Right... Or the Limpet Queen look... This was the look that I actually threw together first. I loved the huge tropical print of this dress from Dead Dollz, and then I opened the jewellery set from AZE Designs, and loved the pretty and different look to it - luckily for me it went together fairly well. I used to love being on the beach in England when I was little and collecting lots of pretty shells, a fair number of them being limpets, so it took me right back to my lazy days in the sunshine as a kid! I also wanted a slightly sun tanned skin for this look, and found just what I was looking for in the form of this skin from Sugar, that is available now at the Thrift Shop's second outing. It comes with the vibrant orange and yellow eyeshadow, but for a subtle flick of colour to pull in colours from the dress, I found the eye shadows from KoKoLoReS, with its pretty floral design fitted perfectly!

What is she wearing; 
Drowning Girl:
Hair: Ploom - Billie (Past Hair Fair style) 

Skin: Sugar -  Chloe in Summer Lovin 
Face Piercing: (Forehead) Cute Poison - Chimerical, AND (Lip) Cute Poison - Zephyr Piercing (Current Group Gift) 
Cheek Wound: Corvus - Cheek Scars 
Necklace: DownDownDown - Kitsch Flamingo Pendant (Available now at FLUX
Dress: Moonstone - La Rosa Flamingo Dress (Available now at FLUX
Nails: SLink - Enhancement Fingernails for Default Hands, WORN WITH, KOSH - Glitter Nails 
Ring: SAKIDE - Dolphin Rings (From a Gacha at FLUX
Shoes: Whatever - SL Fashion Week Group Gift (Past Group Gift
Close-Up Pose: Starry Heaven - Kenta 5
Limpet Queen:
Tiara, Necklace and Bracelet: AZE Designs - Coral & Copper Striped Limpet Jewelry Set (Available now at FLUX

Hair: Magika - Moment 
Skin: Sugar - Steffi in Tropical Sunset (Available now at the Thrift Shop
Face Piercing: (Forehead) Cute Poison - Chimerical, AND (Lip) Cute Poison - Zephyr Piercing (Current Group Gift) 
Eye-Shadow: [KoKoLoReS] - Flower Eyeshadows in Aqua (Available now at FLUX
Cheek Wound: Corvus - Cheek Scars 
Chest Piercing: Cute Poison - Ephemera Piercing 
Nails: SLink - Enhancement Fingernails for Default Hands, WORN WITH, KOSH - Glitter Nails
Dress: Dead Dollz - Hawika Dress (Available now at FLUX)
Shoes: [Gos] - Mae Platform in Red 

Close-up Pose: Pretense - Ticky Tacky 5 (Available now at FLUX
Props:
Flamingos: Weather Or Not - (Prop) Pink Flamingo Lawn Ornament, AND, (Pose) Mega Pink Flamingo Pose Prop (Available now at FLUX

Pool: [H]orribaubles - The Dead Man Floating Drowning Pool (Available now at FLUX
Ukulele: Enchant3D - Ukulele (Available now at FLUX)

No comments:

Post a Comment