Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SL DisneyBound - Week 24

Another week to play catch up on and this week it's a little hot and rather feisty one... This week's Disney takes us to the lands of ancient China and a time when the mongols were attacking. As with all of Disney's classics it sees a heroine overcome the struggles facing her to win the hearts of many and meeting the man of her dreams on the way, although this is possibly the first Disney movie with some cross dressing as a key theme?
On a sad note there isn't many of these DisneyBoundings left now. I remember Natalee said she would be working on 26 weeks at the beginning and thinking "oh that will be enough!" - well I lied to myself, it's never enough... I WANT MORE! Maybe I will talk to Natalee and see if she would mind me carrying them on for myself LOL!
Still, onto the most recent Disney...
Week 4 - MUSHU (Mulan)!
Mushu is one of Mulan's feisty companions, the other being a good luck cricket, who plays the smart one in the duo. Mushu is a guardian dragon sent by Mulan's ancestors when she decides to replace her father in his armed service call up - I wonder how many other little girls out there would want to do this when their daddies get called away? It's a sad thought isn't it?! Mushu is there as a friend for Mulan in tough times and even though he messes things up, at the end of the day he helps bring things back together and give the film its "awww" factor!
So, my look for Mushu... Had to be taken in a Chinese style surrounding and this Chinese tea house was the perfect place. Yet the look itself screams Mushu without being too obviously dragon. I could have gone dragon, my big sister Fledge is a dragon, but I wanted to keep it me without losing my style lol... Course I had to have the horns and a tail - the tail by the way comes from the Gacha at the Thrift Shop 2 courtesy of Sugar. The dress is an old-school one, but one that I have stashed away for the right moment, well it's time to shine little dress, and thank you to Sassy for offering this dress up as a hunt item a long time in the past now lol... The rest of the outfit is just accessorizing lol... Gotta love accessorizing LOL!

What is she wearing;
Horns: Lemon Tea - Swept Horns in White (Re-coloured by me)
Hair: Ploom - 5 More Minutes
Skin: Sugar - Emily in DB and Clear
Face Wounds: (Forehead) Corvus - Bullet hole, (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Piercings: (Forhead) Cute Poison - Stellar Piercing (Available now at SL Fashion Week), AND, (Lip) Cute Poison - Disarray Piercing (August Group Gift)
Dress: Sassy - Envy Dress in Red
Bracelets: (Upper) Cute Poison - Lucky Star Bracelet in Gold, AND, (Lower) KOSH - Copeck Bracelet
Tail: Sugar - Demon Tail in Fire (Available now at the Thrift Shop 2)
Pose: Sparrow Tree Studios - Star Signs Pose Set in Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment