Monday, August 8, 2016

Floating in Limbo

I didn't sleep very well last night... I think it was a combination of too warm and our matress being a little bit old now that added together to leave me uncomfortable and hanging in a strange sort of limbo - and I don't mean the dancing!
The idea of limbo is a funny thing, it's the state, feeling or even in some cases the place in which you're left hanging around waiting... Religiously speaking - Limbo is originally a part of Catholic theology - it's the state after death before you ascend to Heaven or fall to Hell. Now I'm not a religious person, but that feeling of Limbo is sometimes so very often apparent that it's hard not to notice it. Last night felt like I was in limbo... Hanging between sleep and awake... It feels so strange when that happens. Sounds are clearer, your eyes grow accustomed to the dark and it feels almost superhuman - let's face it it's probably the closest many of us will get! No wonder it's a bit of a "mystical" idea...
So as I was lazing in my bed last night in this strange state, I remembered this photograph that I'd taken of Rudh, and although she looks a LOT more serene and a LOT less like she's had a rough night, it has that same feeling of being stuck waiting...
Locked inside a dark glass coffin she floats through time and space... The Forgotten Glass Coffin - a rare gacha prize in a Salome Colour - protecting her from the ravaging of time, keeping her sealed, keeping her pretty. As the giant clock in her hands tortures the sleeping beauty counting through the seconds, minutes, hours, days and into eternity.
Perhaps I'm thinking about passing time so much at the moment due to the fact that my dolly has a very big birthday coming up for people in the virtual world... It's making me a little pensive LOL...

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Thea in Reds
Skin: Glam Affair - Melanie in Asia 05 
Tattoos: *PerveTTe* - Little Things for You
Coffin & Pose: {anc} - Forget, Glass Coffin in Salome RARE
Clock: [nefarious.inventions] - Le Tic Toc Choc in RARE Gears (Available until August 31st at The Gacha Garden)

No comments:

Post a Comment