Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bagpuss Flaunts No More!

I heard a bit of news that saddened me the other day, a store that I had so very recently heard of - (flaunt) - was to be closing it's doors on January 6th to give it's owner Suri - who will be leaving SL - a chance to focus more on her RL... An admirable reason to be leaving the crazy SL world, I feel, as we all know that SL becomes like an addiction in many respects. We all complain about it, we all say we are not addicted, yet I will be the first one to raise my hand and say "I love SL heaps and feel that although I could take a break and have on the odd occasion, I couldn't walk away from it entirely!" 
Yet I was still saddened to hear that the store would be closing, although the thought  of a sale - as everything in the mainstore has been reduced to a mere 50L - definitely made me feel better. I'd known what the quality of the items was like from seeing them at a number of events, but had just never found the time to run over to the mainstore and take a little looksee... What I found had me squealing with childlike abandon!!!!
BAGPUSS EARMUFFS!!! The Gacha had BAGPUSS EARMUFFS... OK you could get them in a variety of colours including rainbow kitties, and don't faint when I say this, but this was actually the first time that I was desperate to win a PINK pair! 
I got them second try, if anyone wants some white kitties, please just ask! But it had to be the pink ones... HAD TO! 
It all comes from a love of Bagpuss that I have in RL... If you don't know what I'm talking about you should hehe... it's so cute!
When I was born, my mum was really unsure what to call me - she wanted Harriet, dad didn't like it! - so randomly one day she was watching children's television waiting for her favourite soap opera to start, and my RL name hit her! The little girl in the Bagpuss Television series, who is actually only seen in the opening and closing credits, is a little girl called Emily!
It looks really old to see it now, but it was old looking even when I used to watch it as a kid! I think it was even repeated in the 80s when I was little?! But I still loved it, and I love my Saggy Old Cloth Cat! 

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Ploom - Fluster 
Skin: Ploom - Maia in Smoke Honey 
Eyes: IKON - Horizon Eyes in Dark Verdigris 
Eyelashes: LeLutka - 2011 lashes/curl 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Beauty Destroyed 
Earmuffs: (flaunt) - Cat Muffs in Pink 
Top: {dolle*} - Cropped Turtleneck Sweater in Black 
Pose: Juxtapose - 3 for FROST

No comments:

Post a Comment