Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Day Of A New Year... Welcome 2013

So 2013 is finally here... Last year was a proud year to be a Brit I guess, if you are into that kind of thing - what with the Olympics and the Queen's Jubilee there seemed to be a lot of focus on the UK - and on a personal level, it seemed to be the year that HellBone and I finally began to find our feet and totter rather than crawl out of the problems that we'd been facing...
I sat last night for an hour or so thinking back on everything that had happened in the last year, the ups and the downs, and some how caught Rudh looking rather pensive - I loved the outcome of the photo so I wanted to share hehe... 
Last year was a good year, although it was filled with its fair share of downs as well as ups... 
In RL money was very tight at the beginning of the year, but I now have a job I LOVE and cannot wait to go to every day to work with the fun people and earn some great pay... Izzy was diagnosed with Demodex Mange - like you see the animals on the charity commercials with the really scabby skin - it got a lot worse than we thought, but now she has been given the all clear!
I feel braver, smarter, stronger for having more independence, yet I still pine for home and miss my family and all the silly little English things that life in Holland is without...
In SL - I learnt more about photography, and also how to stand up for what I believe in.  I've adopted not one but two, adult daughters who although sometimes make me worry, are very much an important part of my life now, and I've learnt that no matter how low I feel there will ALWAYS be people around who help to pick me back up and dust me off - although I should definitely come out of my hiding place and spend more time hanging around with them, chatting in IM is great but I've become far too much of a hermit for my own good LOL! I also have to be a little more assertive... Shiny told me off the other day for reasons that I am to embarrassed to admit, but maybe I will take a leaf out of her book and take the bull by the horns so to speak!
I've grown as a person, and feel proud of what I've achieved in the last year, and though I have a few resolutions this year, I find myself wondering 'goodness knows what 2013 will bring'. I can't wait to find out!!!

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Ploom - Fluster 
Skin: Ploom - Maia in Smoke Honey 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Beauty Destroyed 
Hoody: Freaky Design - Grey Angel Open Sweater (Available till January 2nd, at Frost
Tank Top, Pants & Trainers: SLX - Baggy Outfit (THANK YOU FOR MY LOVELY CHRISTMAS PRESENT MORGIE!) 
Chair: Tatty Soup - Ivy Been Rockin' Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment