Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blog Hero... Week 13

The challenge picture for this week was posted yesterday, and OH I HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE creating a look I had to just go to bed and sleep on the idea. I cheated just a little as I didn't really focus on the lines posted, I looked more at the Video. I LOVE the video, where Amy Lee is walking around a house and things are melting and burning, must be some really powerful demonic forces in there somewhere hehe... Evanescence were one of those bands that I loved when they first appeared on the music scene, as I have said before I love the female voice over a rock music track.
Week Thirteen's song... Evanescence - Good Enough
And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall.
Pour real life down on me.
'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough.
Am I good enough for you to love me too?
I love the way that this video shows signs of the demonic without being overly obvious. The burying the picture, the melting objects and peeling paint and then the room of fire... I love that image of her playing the piano surrounded by fire, I tried to replicate that feeling with the picture this week. I wanted something slightly distressed looking, Lynnie had made the most gorgeous kitchen for her store Concrete Flowers. It was old country kitchen, the paint was flaking and so calling out for me to set fire to it... I'm sorry Lynnie I love it but it just had to be done LOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. I soo agree with you on a beautiful female voice that sails over a rock tune. Nothing like it indeed!

    Great pic, reminds me of when I first started to cook. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete