Sunday, June 7, 2020

Aren't we all Human?

This post I've been on the fence about writing for sometime now... Looking at the world around me has made me feel like I really needed to take a deep look into politics, social rights and justice for all, and I have to say that after everything that I've seen reading and hearing I came to the major realization that I've been both closeted and left in the dark about so many things that I don't know whether to be be scared or furious! 
Some people may think of me as a hypocrite for jumping on a bandwagon, and that's a fair opinion to have, but in all honesty for me personally there is more to it than that... The recent events springing from the death of Floyd George at the hands of the police and causing many places not just within his homeland of the States but also across the world, has forced me to stop and really take a look... Yes I'll agree that it's terrible I haven't really paid attention to it until now, but my eyes have been opened... 
I've come to realize that my initial thoughts of "All Lives Matter" was one that came from a closeted, white girl perspective. 
While it's true that all lives SHOULD matter - should being the key word here - it's not the case, there's still so much racism and inequality, and that's not just aimed at people with darker skin! It's Pride Month, and even though having different sexual preferences has become more of an accepted thing, that's still considered abnormal by some people...  People of differing sexes or ages, people that have different hair colours, people that don't fit the norm of what shape humans should be... The list goes on, a list of discrimination in society that claims to have stamped out social differences, it is a bigger crisis than the pandemic that the world is still in the grips of! 
It shouldn't matter what colour you are, it shouldn't matter where you're from, it shouldn't matter your background... What should matter is that we are ALL human, we're all made of the same squishy blood and guts - the changes on the outside just make us beautiful and diverse... All lives should matter... ALL LIVES! 
We cannot change the history we have left behind, the bad or the good, but until things change with the inequalities of colour, race, gender - nothing will improve and no lives will matter! I will never fully understand, but I will stand! NO LIVES MATTER, TILL BLACK LIVES MATTER! All lives will matter when all lives are treated equally! 
If you want to learn some more, there are places in SL you can check out... The Black Lives Matter Tribute Wall - where I went for my protest - and the Stand for Justice Event or website... Both of these places have information and things you can pick up to learn more... Isn't it time we all started learning to be better to our fellow man?! 

What is she wearing; 
Headphones & Mask: Violetility - BLM HeartPhones (Special Edition for Stand For Justice Event)
Hair: Doe - Blip in Indecisive 
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory 
Glasses: e.marie - Pride Frames V1 
Choker: e.marie - Pride Choker V1 
Top: Black Lives Matter Shirts (Available at the Black Lives Matter Tribute Wall)
Bag: REIGN - Pride Tote in Rainbow 
Jeans: SPIRIT - Fortuna High-Waisted Flair Jeans 
Pose & Prop: space cadet - Pride 2020, Pose 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment