Saturday, June 27, 2020

Stay Proud!

The month of June is almost at it's end, and with it we will soon see the end of Pride Month... This year, Pride Month has taken on a different slant - telling you to be proud not just of who you love but also to stand up and fight for those that are different especially in the Black Lives Matter protests... Yet it all boils down to the fact that everyone, no matter race, sexuality or all of those intricacies that make us different and special, should be equal... Love is Love, and the colour of your skin or the body that you're in shouldn't make you less or more important... 
I've heard people wonder why I'm so excited about all of the pride goodies that I've been shopping for like a demon possessed... We'll let me enlighten you... First off, they may be right I'm not LGBTQ myself - unless you could count a few dalliances whilst I was at university and the feeling that I love love and wouldn't care what shape or form the person came in - but I have a lot of friends and family that are, both in SL and RL... I'd consider myself an ally if push comes to shove... I'm there to support, to applaud and to be family for those whose family pushed them away for being different. Secondly though, and this is definitely a silly reason... IT'S RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE PEOPLE!!!! Who doesn't love rainbows?! I love them... Seeing them in the sky always brings a smile to my face, but I cannot get enough of them no matter what way they come... I love all things dark and macabre, but dammit how can anyone not love a rainbow!!! 
There's still time to check out all of the awesome Pride events, including the SL Pride at Home mainstore crawl - but whatever happens, no one should change you, stay proud of who you are, and stand up for what you believe in!!! 

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Wasabi - Shae Hair in Fireworks 
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory 
Glasses: e.Marie - Pride Frames (Available until June 30th for SL Pride at Home) 
Make-up: Leggy - Pride Hearts (Available until June 30th for SL Pride at Home) 
Tongue Piercing: Star Sugar - Rainbow 1 Tongue Ring 
Choker: e.Marie - Pride Pride Choker V1 (Available until June 30th for SL Pride at Home) 
Upper Top: Mug - Aimee Top in White (Available until June 30th for SL Pride at Home) 
Bag: REIGN - Pride Tote in Rainbow 
Lower Top: [I<3F] - Top [04] 
Pose: FOXCITY - Spirited Away, Pose 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment