Friday, January 5, 2018

Post New Year Breakfast

So as is customary for me every year, I spend a little time to sit and sift through some of my thoughts about things... It's been something that I do every year and this year will be no different. I'm warning you now, it might not be all that pretty but I hope to find a little hope in there somewhere too. 
If you don't wanna read my ramblings and musings about the past year, I don't blame you at all I'm not sure I would want to either, just enjoy the pretty for what it is... Me kicking back with a bowl of cereal, and enjoying the aftermath of the Apocalypse... A Post Apocalyptic Breakfast, if you will... 
So... let the rambling commence!! 
Can I just start off by saying that 2017 was possibly one of the worst years that I've had in a long while. I don't know what happened to make it go so badly, and by certain standards it wasn't so bad considering I still have my health, my home and my family around me, yet really I am glad to see the back of 2017! 
It was the year that things crumbled... I lost my job at the start of the year thanks to some bad decision making that was nothing to do with me or the work that I did, but a case of the CEO putting all his eggs in the wrong basket. I found myself spiralling into a bit of a depression, feeling like I was clinging to the edge of a cliff and my fingers were slipping little by little. Then as a big finish to the end of the year we lost over half of the members of our SL MC in a matter of two weeks - for varying reasons that were not anything to do with me personally - but it felt like there was a massive hole and people I'd been close too seemed to just disappear into oblivion. 
For the past year I've permanently felt like things were slipping away, and there was nothing that I could do to stop the avalanche and chaos around me. The places where I normally found serenity - such as my blog - got harder and harder to focus on. I kept wondering why I wasn't creating what I knew I could do and comparing myself with other people... 
Then over the holidays I took a break from it all... I went to visit family, I went for a week to a peaceful woodland cabin and I rested, resetting my brain and burying it deep into a good book! Now, I'm back, with a few more positive thoughts to keep me going. 
I KNOW I will be able to feel better, I have ideas swirling around in my mind that keep me upbeat. I'm trying to quit smoking - a mountain to climb but I will get there - I'm going to stand up for myself and be more protective of my own heart than worry about what everyone else is thinking, putting them first, and any changes I make in life will be for me and me alone... 
I want to progress and better myself, both in SL as a blogger and photographer. I want to rebuild the Gators MC and bring in new people with new energy, and I'm going to rebuild my RL too... It's time to make my dreams a reality... This year, will be my year!! I hope... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Disarray in Hud 02 
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2 
Top: GOSSIP - Boho Crop Top in Stone 
Shorts: Blueberry - Ela Jackets Shorts in Washed 
Boots, Mask & Backpack: AsteroidBox - Apoca Survive Gacha Items 
Cereal, Box & Stick: Lost Junction - Cereal Surprise 2 Gacha Items 
Rotten Cereal & Milk: random.Matter - Remains Items 
TV: Hogs & Carts - Smashed TV 
Table: 8f8 - New Beginnings Gacha Items in Table 
Chair: 8f8 - New Beginnings Gacha Items in Cardigan Chair 

No comments:

Post a Comment