Friday, October 11, 2013

FLUX's Day of the Dead

I've had fun playing around with posts that I want to do for myself, but now it should be time to get on with some work... Stop being a lazy butt Rudh... Stop it hehe... I've been bad and lazy and delayed posting something about it for a while now, but now I am ready... and BOY why did I leave it for so long!
The theme this month - after last month's hiatus due to the Arcade being open - is all about the Dia De Los Muertos or Day of the Dead! To me this celebration has always seemed to be filled with colour, and right now that is something perfect because the world outside - much to my annoyance as the red is already disappearing - is going Wintery Gray! If you have a problem with bright colours, you may want to find some sunglasses before looking at my FLUX Dia De Los Muertos style look!
Aren't the rainbow colours pretty? It's like being on some kind of trip! After some of the darker and kinda serious looking photos I have been working on recently I am glad to be able to let rip and throw colour around. 
So where do I start with this look... Let's go with the dress first. This one comes from one of my favourite go-to stores when I need something I can find things here - usually - and this has been one of my favourite go-to stores for a very long time now. SAKIDE made these Vibrant Death Dresses in a variety of colours, each coming with long and short versions! This one is dark red - though from the rainbowness you might not guess that - and each colour has a skull that seems to vary very slightly in colours! The ring on my left hand comes from the collection released by The Stringer Mausoleum for this round, but more striking would possibly be the eyes that form part of the collection... These flower eyes, as you can see behind me in the huge skulls REALLY screamed Day of the Dead to me, and I LOVE THEM! Then of course, to top it off, I had to wear this GIANT rainbow coloured Head Breakage Axe from DownDownDown, which is available in two different styles - one that looks more normal and the other that is purely and simply rainbow trip!
I kept the rest of the accessories colourful, wearing a bracelet and ring from Cute Poison, a necklace from Lasaki and some awesomely skully nails from KOSH - which I will show you more closely later!
Now all that is left to do, is celebrate the Dia De Los Muertos, dance like no one is watching, and wonder what will come out of the FLUX next!

What is she wearing;
Axe: DownDownDown - Head Breakage Ax with face blood (Available now at FLUX)
Hair: Magika - Forget
Skin: KOSH - Halloween Skin in Sugar Skull 3
Eyes: The Stringer Mausoleum - Death's Devotion (Available now at FLUX)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Piercings: Cute Poison - Fallen Piercing
Necklace: Lasaki - Sugarskull Cameo Necklace (No Longer Available!)
Hands: SLINK - Avatar Enhancement Hands in Casual
Rings: (LEFT) The Stringer Mausoleum - Death's Devotion Ring (Available now at FLUX), AND, (RIGHT) Cute Poison - Spiked Rings in Red (Past SL Fashion Week)
Nails: KOSH - Shiny Skull Fingernails (Available now at the Body Modification Expo)
Bracelet: Cute Poison - Celestial Bracelet in Neon Blue (Past SL Fashion Week Item)
Dress: SAKIDE - Vibrant Death Dresses in Red (Available now at FLUX)
Pose: PRETENSE - Muertos 1 (Available now at FLUX)

No comments:

Post a Comment