Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I'm Falling for Autumn... Berry's Monday Meme

The seasons are changing, and even in SL it is noticeable that things are more than a little different. Everyone and everywhere seems to be drifting into the Autumn looks, fashions and colours, and snugly warm looking clothing and places seem to becoming more and more predominant... Sometimes I wonder though, it must be strange for people living in the southern hemisphere, where things are moving out of winter and into spring - am I right here or did I learn something that is totally wrong all my life? LOL - I mean my daughter Shiny is an Aussie and for them the temperatures will be getting warmer not colder!
Still, the russet colours are taking over SL, leaves are falling all over the place and pumpkins are starting to appear... It can only mean one thing... HALLOWEEN IS COMING! I love Halloween, I love playing dress-up, although those of you that know me would know that I don't need an excuse of a holiday to do that anyway LOL... More than that though, Halloween in SL means one thing... THE SN@TCH EVENT IS COMING AND I CANNOT WAIT, though there will be more on that later when the event opens hehe...
But now, on with the Autumnal questions... Is autumn your favorite season? Why or why not? – I do love the Autumn with a passion... I love the colours, the feeling of the chill in the air as it gets colder and makes you want to curl up under a huge fluffy blanket. I love the sound of the rustling leaves as you walk through them... Unfortunately in the UK and in Holland, Autumn tends to be all about rain - well most seasons are rainy to be honest - but leaves tend to rustle less when they are soggy! OH and Autumn is Halloween season!!! Most important holiday of the year hehe...
Do you call it Autumn or Fall? – Autumn, I dont think I've ever called it Fall, but then that is the American term for it and it's not something that we ever use in the UK. So I guess it's what you grow up with.
What kind of weather does your area get during this season? – Sometimes we have brilliant sunshine, and more than that we have rain or grey skies, but one of the things I love about Autumn is the crisp and cold feeling to the air. Usually temperatures around here tend to be as high as about 15°C - or 59°F - and a cold low of about 2 - 3°C - or 35 - 37°F... It's not that cold, but it's definitely good to snuggle up in!
Which color do you always associate with autumn? – Reds, oranges and yellows... I couldn't pick just one hehe... 
Which Autumn themed sim is your favorite at the moment? – There are so many places that picking one has been really difficult. I decided that choosing a favourite just wasn't going to work but I did find somewhere new that I fell in love with! The Sim Alirium is beautiful, you land in side a hollow tree, filled with effervescent rainbow coloured butterflies, and outside is just wow.

What is she wearing; 
Hair: IrEn - OMG Hair
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Piercings: Cute Poison - Fallen Piercing
Top: PARADISIS - Anouchka Top and Arm Warmers (Past Group Gift)
Necklaces: (Short) KOSH - Brittle Necklace in Driftwood (Past Lazy Sunday), AND, KOSH - Nico Necklace in Black (Available now at The Men's Department)
Shorts: Corvus - Black Combat Shorts (Past Fi*Friday Item)
Tights: Ronsem - Ripped Leggings in Black
Pose: Starry Heaven - Reina Pose 2 (Available now at Candy Fair 2013)

1 comment: