Friday, October 4, 2013

My SL DisneyBounding - Lilo!

OK Now I know that DisneyBounding finished a while ago, and I know you are possibly wondering why I am now creating a photo for a Disney look that wasn't touched during the original 26 week line-up... Well... As I had suggested in a few of my posts, I wanted to talk to Natalee about maybe carrying on with DisneyBounding on my own. I wrote her a long note card and asked her if it would be OK for me to do so, to which she replied that she would like to see them and that I should share them with the group - bit scary that but yay cool beans! - and in fact she herself may well post some more DisneyBound looks when she has a chance too...
So her challenge legacy will be carried on by myself within my ramblings, and I am hoping to be able to do one a week at least... Heck there are enough Disney Characters LOL!!! I think my plan is to ask someone different every week to choose their favourite character, that way I am not always having to work out who I want to be LOL... Let's start with the heroine from one of my top three favourite Disney movies...
MY SL DISNEYBOUNDING - LILO
I LOVE STITCH... He is my absolute favourite character, EVER, which is strange because I really have a problem with aliens - guess it might be more to do with the fact he looks like a teddy bear maybe? However, Lilo is the character I have chosen to create in my own style for this week. I love the fact that she wants to do things for herself, be independent and yet still has the innocence to feel brave enough to be a little bolshy. She feels alone and although she tries to hide it, sometimes it becomes apparent and she tries to push that sadness aside and move forward. I know how she feels, I felt like that when I first moved to live with Hell in Holland... I felt scared and pretty much alone - times change and I don't feel like that anymore, but whereas she had Stitch to bring her out of her sadness, I had a support network in SL!
My look for Lilo was one that I tried to keep fairly simple. I headed to the beach, a perfect store called the Maru Beach Furniture store had lots of places to make awesome beachy photos, then I started on the clothing. The dress is one that is super old, I mean I have literally had it in my inventory for years collecting dust - and I am not sure that it is even available anymore, if you wanted to try to find it, it comes from BOOM, yet it was the print that made me think of it... I wanted flowers too... Lots of flowers... So I pulled on the Lei that is part of the Wedding on the Beach outfit from Boudoir. Though there was one MAIN REASON I chose to be Lilo as my character... Can you tell what that might be? If you can't let me point it out lol... I spotted a stranger walking around with a Yoda that was sitting on his back and thought 'OOOH I know someone who would like that', I found out where to get one and looked around for myself, discovering that this store - Mesh Mafia - has some amazing mesh products and then I stumbled upon the Back Stitch... Hell thought I had gone mad, as I squeaked rather loudly LOL... I could have been Stitch - I'm still waiting for Natalee to release her Stitch ears in Blue by the way - but no after seeing this adorable little Stitch I needed to have one and therefore I needed to be Lilo!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Please
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Face Piercing: Cute Poison - Star Crossed
Mouth Flower: Ploom - Kendal (Mouth Flower Attachment)
Lei: Boudoir - Wedding on the Beach (Part of Outfit)
Dress: BOOM - Maui Wowie-lili in Red
Plushie: Mesh Mafia - Back Stitch
Pose: Starry Heaven - Erika Pose 2

No comments:

Post a Comment