Thursday, August 29, 2024

A Little Cross Stitch

I know everyone has their favouritest of hobbies... For me taking pictures and blogging my Second Life randomness is definitely one of them, but this year I've become an avid reader AND have been working hard on crocheting my new blanket that should be finished before long.... I'm not the world's best blogging photographer, or the world's fastest reasder, and my crocheting skills are minimal even though I can still make cute things, but for me having these past-times is a way to switch off and distract myself from the bleh of reality... 

This year I've been trying to improve my photography skills, and am happy with the job that I'm doing so far... 
I decided that I wanted to read more and therefore have less time looking at a screen, and I'm almost at my 45 book challenge on Good Reads... I think I'll definitely be passing that and testing to see what I will need to set my challenge at for next year...
I've also gotten heavily into crocheting... I've been doing it for years but this year I'm making a blanket and it's ALMOST ready... Maybe while I'm on a wool work kick I might start doing some cross stitch... If I do I promise it's "Not Your Granny's Cross Stitch" - like the set from Aardvark, that is currently available until September 13th at the FLF Birthday Bash - I'm going to look into patterns that are anything but dull... 

What is in the picture;
Frames: Aardvark - Not Your Granny's Cross Stitch II (Available until September 13th at FLF Birthday Bash)
Tin: [Littlep] - Mama's Cookie Box Set1 in Sewing Box
Ring & Cloth: KraftWork - Fairy Cottage Sewing Frame
Box: random.Matter - Antique Shop II Sewing Kit
Basket: random.Matter - Holiday with Grandma Knitting Basket
Fabric & Accessories: random.Matter - A Study in Fungi Sewing
Machine: Apple Fall - Vintage Sewing Machine
Backdrop: PALETO.Backdrop - OldRoom

No comments:

Post a Comment