Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Asking the Spirits for Inspiration...

Today is the last day of The Witching Hour, and what a month for the event it has been...
I have to take a moment to step into the role of Blogger Manager here and share with you how proud I am of what the Blogging Team has become. Everyone works their butts off to bring some amazing looks, and everything within the event gets covered! If you have time, you should check out their photos - most of them can be found in The Witching Hour Flickr Pool - and enjoy the way that other people make the items work to fit their styles!
That would be one of the things I love about The Witching Hour. I am fully able to admit that not all of the items are things that I would normally play with, but for me one of the challenges is trying to make things work into the ideas I have in my head for photographs hehe... Keeps things fresh...
Sometimes it helps for me to commune with the spirits over what I want to do with certain items, but even that in itself can make for a very good photo!
While communing with the spirits about how to include the pretty Arched Shelf - this one decorated with roses and thorns - from DressME Designs, the picture just seemed to happen without me even trying. Helpful those spirits aren't they? These shelves are a available in a set of different designs, but come without the skull candle... That was my addition for the purposes of the sceance, which thankfully I was able to conduct without any problems hehe...
Maybe though it was because of the things that I chose to wear, maybe the ouiji board accessories helped keep the spirits giggling rather than making them angry... I wore an ALTAIR* Ouija Necklace in white, as well as a pair of matching shoes from Aftershok - that you can win yourself at this month's round of The Witching Hour!
These things looked SO CUTE with the brand new dresses that have come from dimma for the World Goth Fair - I still plan on talking a bit about that later hehe - but there are 5 different designs to choose from, I just loved the simplicity of the moons!
I leave you with one last, close-up look at the awesome shoes I chose to wear, and whisper to you that the spirits tell me there is still magic in the air... Something a little like old-school magic this way comes?!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Catwa - WokeUp
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Eyelids: SLINK - Mesh Eyelids Photo Prop
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded Piercing
Necklace: ALTAIR* - Ouija Necklace in White (Past Event Release)
Dress: * dimma * - Little Gothy Dress in Moons (Available Now at World Goth Fair)
Shoes: Aftershok - AZ Spirit Board in Coconut (Available Now at The Witching Hour)
Pose: Signature Pose - Von Schnitzel Series 3
Table: CONCRETE FLOWERS -  Ouija Table
Candles: *TEMPTii*  - PHANTOM CANDLES FULLPERM
Skull Candle: Bacwoods Mafia - Skull + candle.
Shelf: DressME Designs - Arched Shelf Rose and Thorns (Available Now at The Witching Hour)

No comments:

Post a Comment