Sunday, August 27, 2023

17 Years of Second Life

Today is a very special day... Today is my 17th Rez Day... Yes, that's right I logged into the crazy world of Second Life and I've been here ever since. I started because of friends, we joined together from another weird online game and 17 years later I'm the only one that still logs in... It's time to celebrate and find some delicious cake... 

Now I'm thinking about everything that I've been through in the past 17 years, all because I logged in and found myself getting lost in SL... 
I met so many fantastic people, some that have come and stayed, others that have gone - not always in the happiest of ways - but those that have stayed are some of the most important people in my life. I've never met them face to face, although there have been plans in the works, but I would do anything for these people. They know who they are, but I hope that they know just how much they mean to me...
I've had a job that I enjoyed that was RL work, and I've had many other SL based jobs too, and I've been involved in so many things that I never would have imagined I'd be part of... I ran an MC, I assisted in the creation of a very successful shopping blog, and I am part of a team that creates some amazing Halloween events every year. I've taught myself new skills and blossomed in my therapeutic passion of photography, and in doing so I've yet more amazing people... It's like the circle of Second Life... 
It's hard to believe that I've been in Second Life for 17 years, I logged in when I was 20 and it's changed my life... At the moment I'm currently living in the Netherlands, married to a man tha I me because of Second Life. Without this "game" as some people think of it, my life would be a whole lot different. I know that sometimes it's been tough, but there have been a lot of happy times too, and because of all of that, there's no way I'd change this rollercoaster ride... Wonder if I'll still be on it in 3 years when Rudh turns 20?! 

What is she wearing;
Hair: TRUTH & Wasabi - Kumquat in Redhead (Available until September 10th at Kustom9)
Skin: amara beauty - Freya in Ivory
Top: NeverWish - Tie Dye Tanks
Lolly: Hangry - nuttin' on you in Birthday
Pose: Secret Poses - Antonella, Pose 4
Friends: MishMish - Crocky in Green (Available until September 10th at Kustom9)
Balloons: dust bunny - Pastel Celebration in Balloons & Presents Chair
Backdrop: FOXCITY. Photo Booth - The Party Dome

No comments:

Post a Comment