Monday, June 13, 2016

Going away... Standing Strong

This weekend was one of shock and sadness for many parts of the world after the announcement of the biggest mass shooting at a Nightclub in Orlando that has been seen in recent history. It shocks me that a human being could find it within themselves to believe that this is an acceptable thing to do... No matter what race, religion, sexuality or otherwise may have caused something so drastic, people are people and none of these things should matter. I wasn't going to talk about the events this morning, but it's on my mind and I cannot shift it... I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way... What is the world coming to?
I wanted to run away and hide - hence the photo I'm sharing today of Rudh with the bus in the background - yet as with Rudh, I'm going to do the opposite. I'm not going to let fear of "what ifs" get to me, I'm going to remain hopeful that one day in the future this current crisis and lack of humanity from a small group of people that have managed to grip the world in suspended 'fear' - no matter the race, religion, sex or otherwise of the people involved - are extinguished and their fire is dampened...
Rudh was on a Bus at WHOLE WHEAT, before she decided to get out and stand strong, and I like her will be doing the same... Being passionate and having beliefs in something is one thing, but attacking others for their different beliefs seems to make the world a less colourful and wonderful place... Let's keep the colours shall we?
I am not going to ramble on anymore today, I need to leave it there before I start getting on a high horse, BUT I want to leave you with something that is not only beautiful, but should be something we all look for in life. I'm not a Buddhist - and I hope that this doesn't offend anyone by my sharing it - but take a quiet few minutes out of your day and listen to the beautiful "Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu" sung by Tina Turner... It's a Peace Mantra that seems perfect for times like this...

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Elira in Reds
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2
Lipstick: {PSYCHO.Byts} - Hecate Lipsticks
Tattoos: *PerveTTe* - Little Things for You (Available until June 22nd at Kinky Monthly)
Jacket: KITJA - Catty Jacket in Blue (Available until June 23rd at Uber)
Top: KITJA - Catty Top in Grey (Available until June 23rd at Uber)
Jacket: KITJA - Catty Shorts in Blue (Available until June 23rd at Uber)
Boots: DRD - Limited Collection in Bootz Grey
Pose: Signature Pose - On Your Own - Pose Set 017

No comments:

Post a Comment