OK this week's Meme from Miss Strawberry Singh was one that seemed to need a little more thought than some of the other weeks. She wanted us to teach her something new... I wracked my brains trying to work out exactly what it would be that I could teach someone. I thought of things like organising my inventory - something that I have been doing since I first started my SL nearly 7 years ago - or something silly along the lines of how to create a fun Zombie look, but then a little thought struck me in the back of my mind...
Recently I have been facing a fair few challenges in my SL, due to the fact that I became not only a member, but a senior officer in HellBone's Biker MC - The Gators. I will have no problem admitting that prior to the last few weeks I had tried a few times to ride a bike in SL but had failed and therefore gave up, basically I was a novice, and it shocked me just how much there is to know about riding a bike in SL. I wished there was a manual in how to ride a bike... I mean OK there are user manuals, but it would be nice to have a simplified version without all the hows and the whys sometimes.
So here are my basic hints on how to ride a motorbike in SL... Not as simple as I originally thought - there was I coming across like a bit of a noob - I truely believed that you got on a bike and could just drive and it would be easy... BOY was I wrong. I mean, you can just jump on a bike and ride it but I have a few little tips to help out - tips that I have taught myself...
* When driving the UP Arrow will move your bike forward, but the DOWN arrow won't make you reverse - I forget this all the time, and I'm always getting stuck against walls wondering why the heck I can't reverse!
* You will need to change gear to ride properly, if you don't you will be too slow and wonder why you're being left in the dust! This is where things get a little tricky, you need to use multiple keys to make this work hehe... The LEFT and RIGHT arrows will change the gears up and down but you need to hold down SHIFT to make the gears change.
* CORNERS are a pain in the ass LOL... There are two ways to take them, one is marginally easier LOL... Either gently tap the arrow key a couple of times to turn you slowly, or hold your finger on the arrow key. I know this sounds obvious but it takes a LOT more practice to be able to do the latter of these two options and stay on the road... Trust me!
* The DOWN arrow is the BREAK!!! Majorly important that one!
* One last and possibly most important point... DON'T BE AFRAID TO CRASH INTO THINGS OR FALL OFF THINGS! Apparently it happens to seasoned riders as well as novices, and luckily in SL things don't hurt when you crash into them!
I know that I could have written about something important and probably more useful, but if someone had given me these little tips when I started riding a bike in SL it would have made the whole experience a lot easier. Notecards that come with the vehicles are so technical... I just wanted to know what meant stop and what meant go. I also figured the important stuff would be covered before I could even start my lessons, so going for something totally random... Maybe I can teach Miss Berry something new?!
What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Pretty
Glasses: [UMEBOSHI] - Tyki Glasses in Dizzy
Skin: Sugar - Ink in Tone 3 Dark Brows
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra
Top: La Petite Fleur - Pepulm Tops
Pants: Slow Kitchen - Unisex Pants in Brown 2 (Available for 50% Discount in the closing sale!)
Boots: J's - Studded Long Boots in Black
Bike: H&C Wheels - AeroBike (Retextured for me)