Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Pink Flamingo Diner

It's officially Second Life's 16th Birthday... Happy Sweet 16 Second Life. Many people have different views about this SL universe, those that don't play think it's strange but those that are involved will often say they either love or hate it. We complain when it doesn't work, any time there's a problem the community comes together to rant on social media outlets like facebook. Yet with a platform like Second Life I'm still amazed at the creativity, the friendships and loves that come from a virtual - and some might say Non-real" - environment. Without this 16 year old "game" I wouldn't have met some of my favourite people - I owe my bestie, my hubby and even family to this online universe... Thank you Linden Labs for bringing us all together!
Now the theme of this year's birthday celebrations is dropping us very much into the 50's with lots of retro style and a good dash of rockabilly, so in true Rudh fashion I'm going to celebrate this my own way... 
Yes I know it's not truly 1950's in style, and it's also not totally Rockabilly, but it's the way Rudh would interpret it, and well, that's good enough for me! 
I found this amazing place with a 1950s & 1960s zone called Time Portal - that appears to cover everything from the Romans onwards - it looks like a really interesting place to explore as a travel through time, so I guarantee I'll be going back to investigate more! She even met Mr.Silent type there hehe!
The outfit though was the reason I went exploring, so I guess you could call it a look of the day?! I bought this crazy, but adorable, Susanne Skirt from ERSCH - that's available at Harajuku - and went to town accessorising... First with a Magika wig that comes with the bow and then a pair of Zombie Suicide Gemmed Retro Glasses, which were released for Vintage Fair but should now be at the mainstore! Since you cannot really see them too closely in the main picture, I've been good and added close-ups, but they are cute with the little gems! 

What is she wearing;
Bow & Hair: Magika - December 2018 (Past Group Gift) 
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2 
Glasses: Zombie Suicide - Gemmed Retro Glasses 
Choker: CULT - Diamond & Bow Leather Collar 
Top: Pseudo - Tiiu Top in White 
Skirt: ERSCH - Susanne Skirt in Red (Available until July 10th at Harajuku Event
Pose: Image Essentials - Get Down, Pose 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment