Friday, February 25, 2011

Skin Fair Disappointed Me...

I know that I am possibly about the 90millionth person to talk about Skin Fair 2011, but I have to say that unlike a lot of people I seem to be somewhat disappointed. 
I love the fact that on entrance they were trying to reduce lag by ensuring people only had limited scripts (aparently you are only allowed 50, I got returned home on my first try as I had 64 due to my Mysti-tool), that was great but still some people seemed to be going overboard on the amount of stuff they were wearing... I like a high majority of people went bald and dressed very very simply (duckie pjs to be exact)...
They even had these walk aids to reduce the walking like treacle effect that sometimes occurs in laggy places, the stand is in the picture above and the outcome of clicking the stand is below, 
This proved to me to be even more difficult than walking, I was trying to move a block in the lag (yes I know my pic is blurry but I didn't really want to hang around there while that rezzed it was hard enough to get posters to rez), it just wasn't gonna happen, so I stuck with my graphics at their lowest possible and walked treacly through the event...
I will say that there were some great skin designers there, I grabbed a handful of demos, but I was irked... WHERE WERE ALL THE FANTASY SKINS? Where were all the skins that didn't conform to the pretty barbie doll look that dominates SL? I was hoping to find some really gorgeous non-human skins as alternatives to my usual barbie look, but they were lacking... it was Skin Fair, not Human Skin Fair, so I am more than a little disappointed...
However, if you ARE going into Skin Fair... I would suggest that you look at this map my friend gave me, it will be very helpful to me to plan a dash and grab route if any of my demos look like I hope they will!

1 comment: