Friday, August 7, 2026

Single Wishes Could Be Enough!

How do I even contemplate writing something like this? I’ve been going around and around in my brain, trying to work out how to share this little bit of RL with you all recently and did I even want to talk about something so personal, in such a public way, in a random SL based blog post. This is my rambling space and a place I’ve always called my personal therapy but this post is one of the hardest I’ve ever had to share, I feel it’s something that I need to talk about, I just don’t know where to begin or how… 
You may have seen here in recent months that I had been talking more about my RL mum, and using this as a place to vent my emotions… Well, I guess that’s where we will start this story…

In November last year, mum was admitted to hospital in pain and very, very yellow - I’m talking, she could have been an extra in the Simpsons kinda yellow - and it was discovered there were issues with her pancreas… 
After Christmas, my sister and I were told it was Pancreatic Cancer.
I can already see the face that you just pulled as you read this, it’s the face that everyone pulled when we shared the news and, although I knew it was bad, I tried to brush it off and remain positive… 
In June however, when I went home to see family, we were told she did not have long left… Let me tell you, leaving to come back to the Netherlands was almost unbearable - it has always been hard but nothing like this - it was mum’s wish though. She wanted me to get home and finish the renovation project on our house. She said she wanted to be able to come see it, and she wanted to know I was happy in my own home again. So after returning home on July 1st, the hubby and I were working our asses off to get it done…
A week later, we heard from my dad that mum had been taken into palliative care in the local hospice, where they would give her the best care since it was becoming too much for him at home. She was ok… She said she had some “very nice young male nurses” - that her friends told me she enjoyed some silly giggles with - to make sure she was eating and allowed her to listen to her favorite Take That songs. 
On July 18th, mum passed away…
I was in Holland, but my sister had just got back to my parent’s house from her home in Wales… Someone was there with dad, that’s was a good thing, but I was not there at the time and I still feel such overwhelming guilt about that… All I wanted was a hug from my dad and sister! 
I did not get to see mum, and it may sound strange but for me that was OK. Goodbye felt like such a difficult word to say. I’d seen her recently and she’d been able to smile and hug me and tell me that she loved me, that’s what I wanted to remember. 
She wanted me to remember her as the vibrant sunshine that she was… The woman who was a carboot sale queen, a belly dancer, a jeweller, a mum and the best friend I could have ever asked for…
So, that brings me to the picture I’ve taken today… I had been doing a little shopping to try and cheer myself up. I discovered the “single wish sticks” - from Violetility, available until August 18th at The Warehouse - and plans changed. I knew what I wanted to wish for… I wasn’t crazy enough to wish that she’d come back… I know the lore on how that works, and I also know that she’s not in any pain now which is more than I could ever want for her, but I have a wish to hear her voice just one last time… I wish I could see her laugh at me again… I wish I could give her another tight hug and let her know that I love her…
I dunno if these gimmicky gadgets will work, but anything is worth a try… Wish me luck and thank you for reading my ramblings!!!

What is in the photo;
Wish Sticks: Violetility - Single Wish Stick (Available until August 18th at The Warehouse)
Frames: random.Matter - Triptych in Oak (Available until August 20th at Midnight Order)
Mug & Incense: Candle & Cauldron - Mug Incense Burner (Available until August 20th at Midnight Order)
Rabbit: Moonforge - Jackalope
Hand Book: Tentacio - Sebaciel Collection in Spell Book 
Leaf Book: mintae - Garden Notes in Botanic Journal
Book Stand: BALACLAVA!! - Witches' Book
Gold Cauldron: Elm - Margot Cauldron #1
Black Cauldron: random.Matter - Cracked Cauldron in Black 
Candles: BALACLAVA!! - Candelabra
Doily: Deco Soup - Vintage Doily
Table: Apple Fall - Hudson Desk in Weathered Oak
Backdrop: VARONIS - Sanctum Backdrop in Dark/Neutral 

No comments:

Post a Comment