Wednesday, September 11, 2013

SL DisneyBound - Week 26

We've come to the final week, well technically it was last week and I am running a little late with it, but I am so sad to see the event end, that I really had to put it off... As with the Colours it feels like something is missing and not having a Disney Character to look forward to every week feels somewhat like there is an empty space that I need to fill again... I wonder if Natalee would mind if I carried on working on Disney Characters on my own? I know it was her idea, but I'm kinda hooked on creating them now LOL... Maybe I will I just won't list them by week LOL... Though I think out of respect for Natalee maybe I will talk to her first! I wouldn't have started it without her at all, so it feels like the right thing to do.
Anyway, on with my final week for this challenge...
Week 26 - Walt Disney
As Natalee says, this isn't a Disney Character, but then some might argue he is the most important Disney Character of all... Without the artistic mind, we might not have some of our - or should that be my - personal favourite characters in the way we do. OK sure, we would have the stories, but that classic Disney "true love conquers all" feel good factor I've always known and loved would be non-existent. These fairy tales that he has turned into classic Disney movies have in some cases horrible and depressing differences to the way Disney chose to portray them and I feel that my childhood would not have actually been the same without him. When I was little I used to watch the movies and dream of being the next little mermaid or princess being waltzed around  ballroom, and as I've grown I've brought my love of Disney with me, so much so that - as happened with Natalee - something truly magical happened in the Euro Disney Park back in March! So I personally feel I have something to thank him for!!!
Anyway, my look for Walt I wanted to keep fairly simple, as he is usually seen in smart suits sporting a cool mustache... I wanted to put on a bit of facial hair but then I couldn't find the right facial fuzz buried in my hoard, I had to go for the clean shaven look lol... It's actually a lot more of a grown up look than I might normally reach for. I found these smart pants, that come complete with shoes from Mayden Couture, they were buried so deep in my hoard that I had forgotten they existed! I teamed them with a smart but Rudhish jacket from Milk Motion - it might look smart on the front but turn around and it is mostly cut out hehe...
I had to take my Walt look over to SL's own Disneyland - Magicland... From here I want to send some huge thanks to Disney's founding father, Walt Disney! Thank you for the magic! While I am at it I want to send thanks and hugs to Natalee... I've loved creating Disney every week! Shame it has to end!!!

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Melissa Mesh Hair in Gingerbread (RARE) (Available now at The Arcade)
Skin: Sugar - Emily in DB and Clear 

Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars 
Face Piercing: Cute Poison - Star Crossed (Available now at Stalkerazzi
Choker: Psycho.Byts - Black Choker + Studs 
Top: Crazy - Thin Shirt in White 
Jacket: Milk Motion - Cut-Out Blazer in Black 
Pants: Mayden Couture - Marge Pants in Grey 
Poses: Starry Heaven - Rika 2

1 comment:

  1. Always tricky, doing a male character as a female av, and even more so when it's not a cartoon but a real person, however I think you captured, his look , to create a good homage to the man that ultimately brought you the best thing to happen in your life!

    ReplyDelete